cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Neno
Journeyman III

Drivers Timeout only on Fortnite

So basically I upgraded my rx 6500 xt to a rx 7600 and my ryzen 5 5500 to a ryzen 7 5800x3D. I used ddu and installed new drivers and everything went smooth in like fortnite chapter 5 season 1. Since season 2 I started having driver timeout even 3 to 4 times a day even in non-stressing scenario. Screen goes black and says amd driver timeout. I tried literally every driver because all the ones from 24 versions did cut my fps of like 100 so the only stable version I found was those in 23. Every day in random games, creative the game randomly crashes. I did stress tests, benchmark, played more demanding game like sons of the forest with all ultra settings for 7 straight hours and didnt have any problems. This only happens in fortnite; I'll give you my specs and all the solutions that I tried:

Specs

aorus b550 elite v2

Viper ram 4x8 GB 3600 MHz

ryzen 7 5800x3D

Sapphire rx 7600 

Cooler master 240 mm 
5 fans in total 

Crucial 1 Tb ssd nvme

750 watt PSU cant remember the gold or silver.

I did some tweaks but base one like disabling some of the services like onedriver and telemetry nothing special.

The solutions I tried so far

Disable Mpo

Turn off Xmp and manually set ram.

Installed every kind of driver after using DDU and amd cleanup tool; even pro drivers; and even only driver Installation.

Undervolt and underclocked my gpu down to max 2600 Mhz and 1160 Volt

Unplugged 2nd monitor 

Disabled replay in game

Turn off any background program

Checked temperatures (never above like 68 while gaming)

Enabled SAM

Re-installing Fortnite

Added Tdr Delay from Regedit

Checked Event Viewer ( only saying Amd driver crashed And "the access to the graphic Hardware from Fortnite client was blocked")

Enabled Safe boot

Did sfc scan in CMD

DISM restore health in CMD

Tried Both performance mode (dx11) and dx12

Stress test on msi Kombustor 3.3 hours straight not going over 78 C

I even play with stretched and literally do like 600-700 Fps in creative without any struggle or delay and consistent 400-500 in game

I probably did some other things but now I cant remember if you have any solution please let me know!

0 Likes
0 Replies