cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PetK
Adept II

Drivers, Adrenalin and Overlay not working with Helldivers 2

So we are all aware that the current drivers don't work with HD2. With some tweaking of the settings I can actually now run HD2 crash free, however, of course not at the settings I want.

Now, I also wanted to analyse what my system was doing, so I enabled the ''overlay'' function. At this moment when starting HD2, the Adrenalin window won't open any longer and actually shows ''Not responding'' up until force closing HD2. Moreover, the overlay is frozen when playing the game, meaning it doesn't show any changing values until you actually close HD2.

To the dev team, I understand driver issues, but at least make sure your software works when using a program. I mean, hell, if that doesn't even work, it's no surprise the drivers don't either.

Looking forward to a solution..

13 Replies
evono
Adept II

it works for me , make sure it starts fullscreen , and set the upscaling to Ultra quality and back to native HD2 is quite buggy and no crashes.

0 Likes
FinnLuca
Adept I

Have you found a solution? I'm having the same problem.

egriff79
Journeyman III

Same thing here game works fine but aderenaline is not working at all it seems like it is looped on something. works on all other games except helldivers 2 i reinstalled the amd adrenaline and i also reinstalled helldivers and still got the same problem was working fine last night now today not working.

0 Likes
FinnLuca
Adept I

I think I found a fix, at least it works for me...

Search for the .exe file of helldivers, right click it and go to properties. Then compatability settings and check the box of "Run program as administrator".

The .exe file is a bit hidden I think, go to steam > steamapps > common > helldivers 2 > bin. There it is. Fixed it for me, I hope it'll help you too.
Edit: I read in other forums that you should also check the box "disable fullscreen optimizations". You can find it the same way as you do the administrator setting, this helped some people too. If my fix doesn`t work, maybe this one will.

Good Luck!

Worked Thank you!!!

Which one of the two methods?

0 Likes

Probably the administratior one as he replied to my comment before I added the other fix to it.

0 Likes

Did both and worked for me as well, thanks man

0 Likes

Running as admin worked! Thanks!

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. This is an issue we are aware of and are investigating. RSX Metrics page freezes and or crashes with Helldivers 2. I'll be back to update the discussion when I have any additional updates to share. 

Thank you for all you are doing at AMD. I just installed the new 24.4.1 drivers today that just came out, and still cannot use the overlay during it. It pops up right away after closing the game. Thank you AMD. 

0 Likes
ht3k
Adept I

I just wanted to add Freesync doesn't work on Hell Divers 2 in borderless windowed mode. It only works in fullscreen.

0 Likes