Ertil2
Journeyman III

Driver Timeout when playing games

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the Msi Delta 15 laptop with the following specs:

-AMD Radeon 6700M

-Ryzen 9 5900HX

-16GB RAM

Everytime I try to play a game, (Elden Ring, Rocket League for example) the game runs fine for 1-2 min then black screens and displays a driver timeout message from AMD.

I've tried every solution I could fine on the internet but so far nothing worked. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, disabling the MPO (with the file provided by nvidia), turn off hardware acceleration, nothing worked.

So if soemone as a solution or at least something else I could try I would be so gratefull.

0 Likes
3 Replies
forkwny
Adept III

Run DDU to completely uninstall whatever AMD Radeon drivers are on your laptop (it'll boot into Safe mode to uninstall). Then download the latest drivers from AMD - select your CPU/GPU model, go ahead and download the drivers. Run the install, after reboot go through the AMD quick setup and set your graphics mode to "standard." Don't adjust anything else, leave the rest at default. Run your games to find out if the driver timeout still occurs.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes

I tried it and its the same as before. I launch the game and 1 min later it crashes.

0 Likes
Citg
Journeyman III

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this? A friend has the same laptop and has been having the same issue moments after booting any game. We have also been trying anything we can find and have reinstalled the drivers several times.

0 Likes