cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

criticaldane
Adept I

Driver Time out on 5600XT while playing Final Fantasy XIV

For quite some time, my drivers will time out after playing Final Fantasy XIV for a while with Firefox playing in the background, i tried to install old drivers but to my surprise it didn't fix it.

Specs:

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X Stock

GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5600XT

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL17

Driver version: 21.7.2

1 Reply
criticaldane
Adept I

*Update - Reinstalled AMD Chipset drivers and Radeon drivers everything works fine now, not sure if the chipset drivers were the issue but, either ddu or when I ran radeon installer and did a clean installed it removed the entry of the chipset drivers from my pc. Every time I ran the chipset drivers installer it failed, I installed some of the drivers manually through the folder and was able to completely remove them and after reinstalling them first and then installing the radeon drivers no more timeouts.

Some things noticed.

Either DDU or Radeon Clean install will remove the entries of the chipset drivers if installed and will break them and won't allow them to be removed through the control panel, manually installing one will allow the uninstaller to show up once again on the control panel and with it, they can be properly removed.

Having a monitor with a higher resolution 1440p at 144hz and another 1080p at 75hz both with freesync enabled will keep causing the drivers to timeout, disabling the 1440p freesync fixed this issue permanently for me and might not for other people.

0 Likes