cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pcplod
Adept I

Driver reintall not fixed problem, is there a better, old driver?

Screen went poor resolution and 'pixelated'. Device Manager says Windows reports a problem (Code 43) with Radeon RX 580 so stopped the driver. I uninstalled AMD software, ran 'Auto-Detect and Install for Windows® 10/11*' which installed  the driver date 24/05/2022, version 30.0.21020.2. Display starts OK, Device Manager shows no problem, then display goes poor again and Windows reports problem with driver again. 

Problem started about 2 weeks ago. Not really understanding this, I gather others have problems with drivers. Is there something I can install/do?

Desktop windows 10 Home OS build 19044.1766

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics       3.70 GHz

When I try to launch AMD Software a Warning says the installed Adrenalin in not compatible with installed graphics driver, asks me to check other version of Adrenalin installed (I cannot find any), and Device Manager does not suggest another driver. I ran

0 Likes
1 Solution

Comments encouraged me to look at hardware, and the RX 580 was improperly seated into motherboard. It works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Could be the GPU is going bad!

I say that because it started suddenly and from past experience Pixelated is a bad GPU..

You could also try new thermal paste on the GPU..

Could just be drivers, download DDU and follow the instruction to use it..

I had an RX580, the driver I was using was 22.3.1 and worked fine..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

And disable WU driver updates so Adrenaline doesn't get replaced.

0 Likes

Problem comes and goes. After random combinations of plugging HDMI into RX 580 port or motherboard HDMI port and restarting the RX 580 HDMI port and driver start to work. So I guess it is a software rather than hardware issue.

0 Likes

In that case try a good quality HDMI cable, maybe the cable has got damaged by bending..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Comments encouraged me to look at hardware, and the RX 580 was improperly seated into motherboard. It works now.

0 Likes