cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KingHarald
Adept I

Driver not completing installation

Greetings, i purchased the "XFX Radeon RX 6750 XT Speedster MERC Black 12GB GDDR6 1‎92-bit"

And of course i couldn't belive when i got greeted with that "driver problems" i just didn't want to belive that in 2022 AMD still has driver problems....so i went and purchased this GPU.

TODAY after a fresh rebuilding my PC i wanted to install the graphic's driver (the adrenalin software...all versions i could find) NONE , absolutelly NONE of them i could install...THE INSTALLATION NEVER COMPLETES, the software simply closes itself after a few seconds.

how in hell is this still possible in 2022??? if i can't find a fix tomorrow i will simply just return the GPU and just go back to nVidia and be done with it.

I read a few posts on different forums but of course none of the fixes worked....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Reinstalling windows 11 fixed my problem, managed to install driver and everything works so far.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

I take it you have swapped out an old GPU? What was it?

Can you please list your components inc PSU and Windows version..

Did you also reload Windows?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Greetings,

I indeed swapped an old card which was nVidia gtx 970 but i first uninstalled its driver with Guru3d,

My specs are:

i7-10700KF 3.80 GHz, 32 gb of RAM, XFX Radeon RX 6750 XT Speedster MERC Black 12GB GDDR6 1‎92-bit , Windows 11 64 bit, 850W PSU seasonic, Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C, 256 gb Samsung evo SSD, 1TB Harddisk Western Digital.

Today will be the last solution to reinstall windows and if that doesn't fix it i can only return it since i can't make use of it.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Download DDU and follow it's instructions..

Disconnect the internet when you use it..

It will detect any old driver parts left behind and remove them..

Then download the latest Drivers, WHQL ones not optional from AMD website.. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Reinstalling windows 11 fixed my problem, managed to install driver and everything works so far.

0 Likes