Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

batesmotel
Journeyman III

Driver crashing / going to safe mode

Hey Team.

Recently i have gone from 3 monitors to 2. At around the same time, i have started having issues where the gpu seems to not wake after sleep. It hangs and i get a error that the gpu has started in safe mode due to a driver error.

I am unable to open amd adrenalin after the crash and the error for that says that the current version of AMD software is not compatible with the current driver. 

Have tried re installing the drivers but at a loss where to go from here.

Any ideas????

Cheers

0 Likes
1 Reply

See if Windows Update has updated your AMD driver to a different version than the one you installed.

I suggest you first disable Windows Driver Update and just manually download your drivers from the manufacturers using their own driver download apps if applicable: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

Make sure you download the correct AMD driver for your GPU card.

Download the latest AMD driver from AMD Download page and then download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) but before running DDU disconnect the Internet from your PC and delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD.

Run DDU and when it reboots install the AMD full driver package you downloaded.

If you have a AMD APU with Integrated Graphics processor you must make sure the AMD driver you are going to install will be compatible both with your IGPU and GPU card.

Since you didn't post your PC Information

0 Likes