cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

persius
Journeyman III

Driver crashing constantly

Four days ago I started experiencing video distortion whenever I played a video file.  I attempted to try other players such as Media Player, VLC and WinDVD etc.  I noticed that when I opened a Word doc. the same issue appeared on my screen.   At this point I was convinced it was a virus so I reformatted my PC (Win 8.1).

My PC is now back to factory settings and I'm performing a clean install with all drivers.   I have the latest AMC driver installed and unfortunately the same issue continues.  In fact, here are all the warnings I've received to date on my screen over the past two days.

1. Radeon Settings.  Host application has stopped working.

2. Chrome.exe.  Application has been blocked from accessing graphics driver.

2. Webcompanion (I didn't notice the extension in time)  Application has been blocked from accessing graphics driver. 

3. System_Service_Exception error.

Other errors I've noticed.

I will visit a random website and my screen distorts with the error, "AMD application has been blocked from accessing graphics driver". 

There seems to be no end to this problem and I am in need of help to solve this problem.   

When I right click on my desktop the AMD settings window appears but I'm not sure if there are specific settings I need to change so I just leave the defaults alone. 

If anybody can offer assistance I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

0 Likes
0 Replies