cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

1c0n4
Journeyman III

Driver Crashes

My driver keeps turning off my second monitor and crashing randomly or while playing games which causes it to crash even faster than usual. Games I play that almost always crash my driver within 30 - 40mins: League Of Legends, Valorant, Overwatch 2.

Steps I took to try and fix this issue:

- Updated the driver to the newest version

- Upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11

- Uninstalled the driver using DDU in Safe Mode and installed the newest version again.

The issue still persists and I don't know what else to do. 

My graphics card is RX 560.

I did not have this issue before (I have been using two monitors and the same specs for a year) and it only started about a week ago. The only thing that's changed is that I swapped my Hard Disk to a bigger one. My SSD where I have my Windows and all the drivers stayed the same.

If anyone has any recommendation on what else to try I would be really thankful since it's starting to become pretty annoying. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Peliux
Adept I

I read more and more people have these issues. Me included. Im using a 7900 XTX card. My problems seems to have started after latest driver update. Not 100% sure tho.

ThreeDee
Paragon

well .. what are the rest of your specs? ..including make/model of your power supply?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

PS

1. Monitor: Gigabyte m28u 28inch 1440p 144hz

2.Monitor: some LG 32inch 1080p 75hz

0 Likes
1c0n4
Journeyman III

• CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F
  • GPU RX 560
  • Installed RAM: 16GB 2400MHz
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 230V 700W White
  • Mother Board: ASUS PRIME H310M - R R2.0
0 Likes
Peliux
Adept I

Ive experienced ATLEAST one crash per day after recent driver update. Yesterday was crash free. It can just be luck but what I did was:

turn off MPO
Turn off Image Sharpening
Started using Firefox

What makes the most sense is the Firefox thing. During 9/10 of the crashes Ive had Google Chrome up and running. Never happened when Ive switched browser.

0 Likes