cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bugsy_Coder
Journeyman III

Driver 23.2.1 has been announced, why doesn't my 22.11.2 Adrenalin offer it when I check for updates

I have "Preferred Software Version" set to "Recommended + Optional" so it seems like I should be offered this new release.

Does this mean the new release has nothing relevant to my Radeon RX 6700XT or what?

Do I need to take extra steps to get the new release?

1 Solution
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Not sure why it isn't showing, but you can download it manually off of AMD's website. (That's what I do personally)

Steps:

• Go to AMD.com
  • Click Download and Support
  • Click Drivers
  • Click on Graphics then go to your 6700 XT in the drop menu
  • Then download the driver for whichever OS you have Win10 or Win11 (Assuming you have one of the two)

Then just run the application and it'll download and update for you. Hope this helps.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Not sure why it isn't showing, but you can download it manually off of AMD's website. (That's what I do personally)

Steps:

• Go to AMD.com
  • Click Download and Support
  • Click Drivers
  • Click on Graphics then go to your 6700 XT in the drop menu
  • Then download the driver for whichever OS you have Win10 or Win11 (Assuming you have one of the two)

Then just run the application and it'll download and update for you. Hope this helps.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
Bugsy_Coder
Journeyman III

Thank you sir.
Greatness indeed!

Axton
Challenger

The real issue here is that the previous driver does not detect the update, it's a legitimate bug.  You could fill out the bug reporter within the driver. 

But honestly it's not the only bug with the driver control panel, I've seen it where the automatic search for a driver will still auto search even when switched off,  and the data logging ability hasn't worked since I  bought into the AMD ecosystem last year.

rekoj
Adept II

i recommend you to download amdcleanup an do a clean instalation of the new driver

0 Likes