cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

T1_Luso
Journeyman III

Displayport to Hdmi Only works in safe mode or without GPU Drivers

Hello guys my name is Luso and im here to tell a problem i´ve had since days ago and I tried everything. Since I got a "second" monitor from my brother I wanted to use the Displayport from my RX 6600 so I bought a cable converter from DP to HDMI. It worked like a charm in the first hours until I turned off my pc. When I comeback I noticed that the DP to HDMI converter no longer shows image and only HDMI shows it. However without drivers only DP to HDMI works. 

What is the solution? Change to another converter? Any fix anyone could help me? I feel lost like now and probably gonna buy a adapter instead of a cable converter since then i can connect DP to HDMI and then HDMI TO HDMI. and that should work I guess. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

What errors, if any, is showing on the DP>HDMI connected Monitor?

Errors like " No Signal" or "Out of Range Signal" as an example.

If it worked when you first connected it but not later indicates some setting in Radeon Settings or your Monitor was changed when you powered off and then back on again.

If you should purchase a DP>HDMI Adapter make sure it is "Active" type where the DP signal is converted to HDMI Signal BEFORE reaching your Monitor. Unless the DP>HDMI cable is an "Active" converting cable.

0 Likes