cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunhildjr2
Adept II

Disabling FreeSync trough registry or other option outside Radeon Software, can anyone help?

I installed the driver only version using the Amd Radeon installer and I need to find a way to disable the Freesync without having access to Radeon Software, hope its possible from registry

I need this because I am using Scanline SYnc  in the RivaTuner and while doing this freesync gets activated even thought I am on a hdmi connection and technically should not be working and I get stutters every second or so, seems they can't work together . I can't disable from the monitor OSD because Im on 120 Hz and its grayed out, the only fix was disabling from the driver to remove this stutter.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I can't, its disabled because the monitor doesnt even support the freesync over hdmi... it only works with a displayport cable

Anyway I found a way to disable it trough registry and the stutter caused by freesync is now gone when using the scanline sync trick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

Disable it in the monitor menus if available. Most monitors have this option to disable.

The Englishman

This is what I was about to say.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I can't, its disabled because the monitor doesnt even support the freesync over hdmi... it only works with a displayport cable

Anyway I found a way to disable it trough registry and the stutter caused by freesync is now gone when using the scanline sync trick

0 Likes