Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunosimoes76
Journeyman III

DELL G5 5505 SE - Rayzen 5 - Rollback Radeon BIOS update

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed the BIOS update for my video card the Radeon RX 5600 that comes on my version of the G5 5505 SE with the Radeon 5, after that the AMD auto detect and Radeon Adrenaline software are not running giving me the message "Radeon Software and driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version", and if I install the latest Windows Update (KB5001391) booth my screens are not initializing.

I got ADMvbflash software to try to roll back to the previous BIOS, but since the laptop have 2 graphic cards, one integrated and one it seems like it`s confusing the flash drive software. I would really like to fix this because this is my work laptop, and if I have to send it to repairs I would have to get a new one, then return it and ask for a refund, you guys know the drill.

Any action that I could take to roll back the driver or fix this? I already removed the Adrenaline and AMD software, including the registry entries, residual files and installed it again only to get the same errors and I also went as far as doing a fresh windows install, only to get the same issue.

Dell support was not very helpful recommending only that I bring the laptop back for repairs. To top it off I am in Canada where we are having severe restrictions due to the pandemic.

0 Likes
1 Reply

In theory, if the Vbios update was from Dell and it's causing issue you should seek help from them.

Any third party advice could cause more or worse issues and maybe void your warranty.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..