cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DDR4 3600 running at 2133Mhz - DRAM Calculator Questions

Summary of Issue

3600Mhz RAM is running at 2133Mhz ... 2 X DDR4 8GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX installed in A2/B2 - CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

System Configuration

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100

System Memory: 16GB (2X8Gb) DDR4 3600 MHz

OS (Version): Windows 10 x64 (Version: 19042.508)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Installed and ran Taiphoon Burner and DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.3 by 1usmus

2. Ran and saved the HTML report

3. Imported XMP to the DRAM calculator

And now I'm stuck because the DRAM calculator doesn't have the correct options and/or I'm daft! :)

As you can see from below screenshots the DRAM calculator doesn't have Zen 3, or is Zen 2 Zen 3?

Also, I can see that it's an A-die but is it Micron?

Images - https://imgur.com/a/abW0TeB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you enable the XMP profile in your BIOS after installing the RAM sticks? If no -> do it. If yes -> check if the DRAM Voltage is set to the correct setting of 1.35 Volt. This should happen automaticly be applying the XMP profile, but this could be a reason, why your motherboards runs the default SPD profile instead.

Fear not, for I am watchful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

First your Corsair RAM is not listed under your ASRock's motherboard's Matisse QVL List: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%204S/index.asp#MemoryMS

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

The Matisse QVL list for Corsair is very short. The image I posted is all the Corsairs that shows to be compatible.

Your RAM Memory is running at it SPD Speed of 2133 Mhz:

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

Also Corsair's Memory Finder doesn't list your ASRock Motherboard but I inputted your Corsair P/N and it says it is compatible with X570 AMD Motherboards but that is probably partially true.

I would open a Corsair Support ticket to see if it is compatible with your motherboard since it isn't listed under RAM MEMORY FINDER.

Have you tried XMP Profile to see if it Overclocks your RAM automatically?

See if by updating your Motherboard's BIOS helps the RAM to be more compatible.

Did you enable the XMP profile in your BIOS after installing the RAM sticks? If no -> do it. If yes -> check if the DRAM Voltage is set to the correct setting of 1.35 Volt. This should happen automaticly be applying the XMP profile, but this could be a reason, why your motherboards runs the default SPD profile instead.

Fear not, for I am watchful.

Amazing! Thank you so much :) 

It's difficult to find basic info, all discussion threads go straight into DRAM calculations and whatnot. 

The XMP profile was there, the voltage and speeds are correct... thanks again!!

Thanks for the swift reply and all the info. It seems things are running now. :) 

Haha no idea what your on about! Regardless the issue was sorted.

0 Likes
johnson111
Journeyman III

Thanks for sharing this. i was facing same problem but i got solution on this thread.

0 Likes