Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hungnuts
Journeyman III

Custom overclock tuning profile keeps switching back to global

Hello,

Whenever I open a game, the custom tuning profile does not automatically apply. Even when I manually apply it, it either doesn't actually get applied or will revert to the global tuning profile after a random amount of time.

I thought that maybe it would just revert whenever I opened the AMD overlay, but I can tell when the profile gets reverted because my in-game performance will drop significantly. I have applied the custom profile and made sure not to tab out or do anything that would trigger it to switch back to the global profile, but it always does. All of my games are run in fullscreen (exclusive) - this issue persists regardless of window mode.

This has been consistent across many driver updates (from what I can remember, this includes 23.4.1, 23.7.2, and 23.9.1) with many fresh installs of each. I am using a 6800 XT with a Ryzen 9 5900x, on Windows 10. I have tested Overwatch 2, Warzone 2, and Rocket League.

Side note: My custom color profiles also do not turn off whenever I exit a game, so my entire desktop will have the color profile of the game's profile. This makes me wonder if it's just an installation directory issue on my end, but I have verified it to be correct many times.

I've only been able to find posts from years ago with similar issues, but none include potential solutions. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

1 Reply
Hagal77
Adept I

Same problem since months, new Adrenalin v24 still have this issue. Global undervolting Profil always back to default after system start, it nervs extream. After every reboot etc. i must start by hand the AMD Software and load the global profil by hand. sucks so hard