cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lord_xenu
Adept I

CS2 Crashing During Games

Just started to play CS2 again and it's been crashing 2x-4x during a game with a driver timeout.  The game will freeze, then crash to desktop.  I'm not overclocking/undervolting either.

7900x CPU

Asus 670e-a Gaming Wifi

XFX 7900 XTX

32 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram @ 6000mhz

Corsair 1000w PSU

Driver version 24.2.1

I'm going to DDU the drivers and reinstall to see if that works.  I've seen many people have crashes in CS2 with this card as well, not really sure how or if they fixed it.  

Edit: DDU did not solve the problem.  Actually it crashed within 5 minutes this time...

4 Replies
lord_xenu
Adept I

Tried again after doing some cleanup and this is the error log i'm getting:

Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Edit: so as far as I can tell right now, limiting my max GPU clock speed to 2500 Mhz has stopped the crashing.  Played 3 maps of casual today and no crashes.  

This is a really weird fix.  Maybe the 7900 XTX or drivers just don't like being pushed with high FPS and high clock speeds?

0 Likes

Okay so limiting the clock speed worked for a few hours, now it's just as bad if not worse than ever.

0 Likes
tupeyo
Journeyman III

Hi, I have made 2 videos about cs2 crashing, the first I lowered the GPUs frecuency with adrenaline (worked until arms race update) and the second using vulkan API on the game lauch options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4puCIq6jI&t=18s&ab_channel=tupeyo

0 Likes
Spamm3r
Journeyman III

Happens to me as well. It is a nightmare this week. Tried to use AMD Cleanup Utility and got driver timeout.

0 Likes