cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ganolink
Journeyman III

Crashing duing Gaming, Total Visual Glitches since new Windows Update

Hi, basically I'd like to know if the new Window's 10 update caused errors with my Radeon R9 390 or if my GPU is dying. I crash in games after about 30 minutes. The screen flickers has artifacting glitches and the sounds loop. Some crashes are light and crash the game to desktop giving me a driver timeout error from the software. Others, it's a flicker to a full black screen and sound loop, forcing me to do a hard reset. Watching a twitch stream and alt+tabbing from game to browser can expedite the crashes. I've only had the gpu for a few years, but you never know. I've tried rolling back drivers, clean uninstalling and updating to latest.  Temperatures hit about mid 70C during games. Basically I just wanna know if it's a hardware issue or if the Windows update is causing this.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ganolink
Journeyman III

Hmmm, I checked the /amd subreddit, and apparently the new windows 10 updates haven been messing with PC's with Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's, which fit me with my Intel core i5. Their solution was  to turn on the power options in the window's 10 settings to high or ultimate performance. I've done this and there have been no crashes when gaming so far. Will update if or when they do.

0 Likes