Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thatGuy2
Journeyman III

Continuos Drivers crash with Apex legends

hi,

i keep getting drivers crash on apex legends with last drivers update (22.5.1). At the start i thought it was something related to drivers installation so i tried DDU and then reinstalled the drivers and it worked for few days, no black screen/drivers crash, but then it restarted: after a minute or less in the game main menu the screen turns black and there is no way back. The old version of drivers said it was "drivers crash". It's not the first time i experienced this problem: back in september 2021 when i restarted playing Apex i had the same problem so i did DDU and reinstall and i also tried to lower the VRAM usage in game which actually worked (or that's what i think from the results), i set from 8GB(that my GPU has) to 6GB and i stayed like this until march 2022 then i went back to 8GB, with no problems, until the release of the last drivers (when the problems started again). I'm having the same problem with War thunder and Total War: WarHammer II while i'm not having any problem with Call of Duty: Warzone.

I hope someone around here can help me with this because i've sent a lot a bug reports from the amd software with no answers back. Thank you all.

Current configuration:

Msi X370 Krait Gaming

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

G.skill Trident Z 16GB(8GB x2) 3200 MHz CL15

Msi Rx580 Gaming X 8GB

Cooler Master V850W (PSU)

6 Replies
dibb
Journeyman III

I am also having this problem and have no idea how to fix it, the only thing that worked was reinstalling my drivers. After that it worked for like a week then started happening again.

0 Likes

Did you by any chance enable instant replays when it started happening?

0 Likes
solid_exc
Adept II

Same issue
AMD Rx580 Win 11 up to date
Drivers 22.7.1. Optional and i try with the 22.5.1 WHQL

i reported via the Adrenaline software and send the bug report
This is the code i get like 1 of 6 games

error.jpg

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Try 22.3.1 as I have had zero problems and I had an RX580 before my upgrade with same drivers..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Thanks for your recomendation
Sadly it dont work
use that 22.3.1 same crash

Thank you anyway

0 Likes
thatGuy2
Journeyman III

Hello Everyone and thanks for the answers.

In the days after the post i've been in contact with AMD support and we've tried pretty much everything software related, the only option i havent tried is contact the MSI support for hardware related problems.

In the end i've solved the problem by buying a new GPU considering needed efforts, current prices of GPUs and the need of updating pc components.

0 Likes