cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Magician2905
Journeyman III

Chipset Drivers 4.06.10.651 - BE WARNED

I have Never had an issue with Chipset Drivers before.
Install process went without issue.
With new drivers installed immediately a problem became apparent PC Startup, drivers and programs very slow to start.
Chipset Drivers 4.06.10.651 made my system run terribly. Everything was slow to load, a web page took upto 1 minute to load.
On checking Processes/Resource Use in Task Manager these drivers were hammering my GPU with massive power use for no apparent reason. I had a single webpage in the process of opening and was trying to install the previous Chipset Drivers 4.03.03.431
Even installing the previous version took nearly 30 mins to complete.
Once rolled back everything is snappy and fine.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND INSTALLING THESE DRIVERS (or be prepared to install the previous version which worked for you)
Win 10, Ryzen 5800X, MSI MAG Tomahawk X570

0 Likes
4 Replies
Flyfisherman
Challenger

Hi,

There must be something wrong at your end.
I recently (5 days ago) installed the latest chipset 4.06.10.651 and no problem what so ever.

There are some bug fixes for certain drivers in the latest chipset and I feel that my computer is working even better than before.
I am using my computer daily including gaming. No problem at all.

I suggest that You follow AMD recommendation before installation of a new chipset and that is to uninstall the previous one first and restart the computer, then install the new one:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

If that did not work, well then You most certainly have a hardware problem somewhere or a virus infected system.

I am sorry for my poor English grammar.
Best regards from Sweden

Ps. My rig:

GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT OC 16GB
GPU Driver: AMD Adrenalin s/w: 22.6.1
Extended monitor setup: Gigabyte AORUS-FI27Q27" 2560x1440 @165Hz (primary), Dell IPS 24" 1920x1200 (16:10) as a secondary.
Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) with AMD X570 chipset
BIOS ver. 4201 (with AGESA ComboV2PI 1207)
SAM: Enabled and fully functional.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 cores)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2X8GB @3200 MHz CL16
LPX=Low profile 33.5mm height so it fits under my Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 CPU cooler.
@1.35V 3200MHz Tested Latency 16-18-18-36
Part. No. SKU CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

Chassis: Fractal Design Define 7 with 6 140mm fans: Intake one at bottom, two at front. Outblow: two on top and one at rear.
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15-Se AM4 (two 140mm fans).
PSU: Corsair RM850X 850W 80 Plus Gold certified.
Storage: M2 Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NWME, SSD Samsung 950 Pro 1 TB SATA, BPX M2 NWME 480GB
Mouse: Logitech Gaming mouse MX518
Antivirus: Norton 360 Deluxe
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 with latest Windows optional update.

0 Likes

FYI, that is NOT the recommended procedure:

"In most cases, the simple process of installing or upgrading the AMD Ryzen chipset drivers can be completed without issues. However, if there have been recent changes to your system hardware configuration or the currently installed chipset drivers are extremely outdated, then it is recommended to uninstall the existing chipset drivers before installing the new package. Performing the uninstall ensures a clean system and can help reduce issues or conflicts which may occur with the new installation."

None of those 'conditions' applied in my case

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

no issues here  .. all AMD setup (in sig)

Make sure your BIOS is up to date on your motherboard .. might help, might not

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

The new chipset drivers work great for me so the problem is on the OP's end.

0 Likes