cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DexLivis
Journeyman III

Cant play games with 7900 xtx

Hello, guys. I recently decided to buy a new computer. This has been my dream for two years. I spent a very long time collecting money to make it happen. Here's what I bought: 1) Motherboard - ASUS PRIME X670-P WIFI. 2) Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 7700 (AM5) Processor (PIB) with Wraith Prism Cooler and Radeon Graphics. 3) Memory - Kingston DDR5 4800 16GB FURY Beast Black (2 pieces). 4) Video card - AMD RX 7900 XTX NITRO+ GAMING OC VAPOR-X 24GB GDDR6 DUAL HDMI / DU RX 7900 XTX OC VAPOR-X NITRO+. 5) Monitor - Acer 27" QG270S3BIPX, HDMI, DP, VA, 180Hz, 1ms. 6) Power supply - ATX 1300W, 80 Platinum, RGB Smart fan 140mm, fully modularOPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP RGB- 1300(ATX3.0 PCIE5.0) (picture No. 6).
On Monday, when I started installing games, I realized that I couldn’t enter a single game, namely, there was just a black screen and nothing was happening (for example, I went into Battlefield 2042 and it gave me this error (picture No. 7) .
I could only play player unknown battleground (picture no. 5), most likely all because there you can set Direct X 11 (picture no. 4) as standard in the settings.
I can’t play other games at all, as I wrote earlier, I just have a black screen and nothing happens (I tried to play red dead redemprion 2, excape from tarkov, dota, battlefield 2042).
I have the latest drivers (picture No. 3). I looked at many solutions to problems, among which was this - return the old drivers. I’ll say right away that I installed old versions of drivers such as 23.12.1 and the even older 23.8.2, but the problem did not go away. There are also dark screens in games.
Also, I tried to do something in gpu tunning (picture No. 1, 2), but nothing helped either.
Please tell me, is this some kind of driver problem or what?

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

1.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

In the past, I have seen that "device hung" error when hardware has an unstable overclock, and the Nitro is factory OC.

1. I suggest running sfc and dism commands (look the correct parameters) to verify that your windows installation does not have errors itself, after crashing and restarting so many times.

2. Next, it's a new computer and I would recommend testing the hardware (cpu, memory, gpu,...) with various load testing software like OCCT, ASUS bench thing,...

The last popup is correct in that it is most likely the graphics driver crashing. But the graphics driver could be crashing due to an issue with system memory, so need to verify system then load test GPU outside of game. So if system (CPU/memory,...) is good, then it is most likely the GPU, and you can try returning the GPU. But if the system isn't solid, then it doesn't matter what the GPU is as it doesn't have a solid foundation.

0 Likes

Could this be a driver issue? And will I just have to wait for the update for the video card drivers to come out?

0 Likes

And why can I play pubg with high fps without problems and it doesn’t crash?

0 Likes

I do not know. When I read your post, it sounded like nothing worked, but you could start pubg but it still had issues. So i read that wrong. I think your comment about dx11 vs dx12 is a good observation. You could also try disabling freesync to verify that isn't a factor here. I think AMD fixed most of the issues around freesync and 7900 GPUs, but never know.

Unless you can find something else causing the issue, it sounds like a bad GPU to me.