cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MrOz01
Journeyman III

Can't change Windows 10 display setting for my HD 6450 graphics card - help!

After a recent Windows 10 update I can no longer change the settings for either of my displays connected to my Radeon HD 6450 graphics card.  The Catalyst software seems to be impacted as well because it can't change the settings for the displays and behaves very slow to go to menu selections.  

The AMD driver update program say there is a newer version but it will not install and I am stuck at 15.301.1901.

I have removed the video drivers, cleaned the registry of any remnants of them, deleted all the old files from the AMD installation folder yet I can't change the video settings.   

I can't change which monitor is the primary, can't have the monitor on the left before the second monitor (extending problem), can't change the resolution, etc.  When I try to change the settings the following message is displayed:  

"The display settings could not be saved.  Please try a different combination of display settings."

Microsoft has not acknowledged this issue or provided any type of solution and I don't want to wait for the next update to fix the issue.

Please help!

Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Version 2004

Installed on ‎1/‎29/‎2021

OS build 21301.1010

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 221.501.0.3

0 Likes
0 Replies