Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Didoutch
Journeyman III

Black screen while updating driver

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to update my driver for my graphic card Radeon 6700Xt pulse.

I have a black screen while install is running. If I want to use my computer again I have to reset my graphic card driver to Factory default. I tried to use the last 3 differents version of my graphic card driver and I tried to use "driver only" from adrenaline software but it didnt work.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What PSU make/model?

Complete PC specs?

Make sure you are running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU

Try running DDU to remove all past/present AMD GPU drivers (and Nvidia if you ran an Nvidia card on this install of Windows) .. reboot .. and THEN install latest drivers from AMD.com

ThreeDee PC specs
Didoutch
Journeyman III

Hello,

My specs :

tower : SQ-Tower XTREME 01 RGB - black - glass window - 10 fans,

Power: MSI MPG A650GF - 650W Fully modular - 80 PLUS Gold,

Motherboard: MSI B550 A pro,

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 6x 3.70 GHz,

AMD cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 Tower Cooler ,

Memory: 16GB DDR4 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM (2x 8GB - Dual Channel) High-speed RGB RAM - only visible on cases with windows,

M.2 SSD Storage: 1000 GB WD Blue SN570 M.2 NVMe SSD (Read: 3500MB/s | Write: 3000MB/s),

Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT - 12 GB

I tried to DDU and install again but it didn't work...

0 Likes

I'd go for a 750wtt 80+ Gold (at least) rated PSU from a reputable brand. Check reviews before purchasing anything

You want more than enough to handle transient spikes. One video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

Make sure your BIOS is up to date as well as update your AM4 Chipset drivers from AMD.com

When you run the installer , are you selecting under "Additional Options" .. Factory Reset? IF you are, don't as I've had a few driver versions cause permy black screen that resulted in having to do a hard reset. Just run the plain jane install without Factory Reset checked .. IF  you are not selecting that and are getting the black screen ..then hopefully the above mentioned things to do/try will help.

..and again .. make sure you are running separate power cables from the PSU to the separate power inputs on your GPU ..don't daisy chain off of the same power cable.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
sumanth
Adept I

the screen will flicker during graphic driver install.dont do anything while installing drivers.they may not install correctly.

0 Likes

it's always going black screen after couple of seconds and nothing more happens. (I tried to wait at least 30 min)

0 Likes