cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Racnus
Adept I

Black Screen From RX 7900 XTX Driver Update

I got a black/grey screen while updating RX 7900 XTX Driver to Adrenalin 23.11.1 it was 3/4 of the way through the update when it went black and I left it on for a couple hours and it hasn’t changed.

PC will boot into my motherboard screen (MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFi) but it won’t load windows at all. 

7 Replies
Drinkdontdrive
Journeyman III

I have the same issue on WoW,   my screen turn black, I still can hear the sound then the AMD program start, sometime I can get back in the game, sometime not.

0 Likes
Pcb90
Journeyman III

I’m having the same issue, the only thing I’ve found is to change the cable I use from a DP to HDMI cable. I get a picture then but with DP cable I just get msi motherboard into grey screen. Hoping for an update/fix soon. 

7900 xtx

msi tomahawk b650

7800x 3d

0 Likes

If you are plugging your hdmi or DP into your motherboard, plug it directly into your GPU/7900XTX. On the side of the case you’ll see where you can plug it into your 7900XTX.

0 Likes

So my issue since updating drivers was a grey screen when used DP, I plugged hdmi into my 7900 xtx and this worked. Seemed to be just the DP. Yet when I reverted to old drivers DP was fine. Updated drivers again and once again grey screen. Saw online about something in Monitor settings, so I Turned off AMD freesync premium and result, It’s now working as it should, if I turn this back on the grey screen returns but for now. Hopefully future drivers will fix this? 

0 Likes
Drinkdontdrive
Journeyman III

Since the new driver it never came back! So far!

0 Likes

I'm having this same problem. This is very annoying, giving a recent update to my PC and I can't use it properly.

0 Likes