cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

buzz74
Adept I

Black screen and or flickering VR (WMR and Reverb G2 with 22.5.2 / 22.6.1

I tried the May preview driver and now the 22.5.2 driver and both fail to run with the Reverb G2 WMR headset.

Is this an issue for all headsets or just WMR or just Reverb G2?

Anyone else getting black screen and or flickering when trying to run games?

As soon as i install 22.5.1 everything starts working again

52 Replies
marcopiano
Adept II

Tks Jazz82, I fly with DCS not yet installed the new version, but I agree with in general...

0 Likes
cinoarizona
Adept I

Loaded 22.8.1, RealFlight 9.5s now runs.  Tried out VR and the flickering is fixed while in the VR Menu.  Loaded up Reverb G2 into RealFlight and the flickering returns.

Re-installed my Nvidia 1080, RealFlight 9.5s runs, VR Menu runs no flickering, RealFlight with VR runs no Flickering, everything just works.

I'm not so much angry, but sad.

0 Likes

Really? Does Realflight 9.5 work with AMD?

0 Likes

i tried with drivers 22.8.1 and it works, great !!
Unfortunately, with the latest drivers, 22.8.2, it no longer works

Thxs for the feedback, I'm going to stick with 22.8.1 for quite some time.  The flickering in VR when playing Real Flight is sporatic, meaning, if I do a fresh reboot of my system and just play Real Flight, it works.  But if I close Real Flight and try to launch it again, flickering returns.  Not the best solution, but it is a solution.

I solved all the problems ...

i switched to Nvidia, now Reaflight runs much better

Does AMD look at their Driver department and say "everything seems to be going well?".  I understand developing drivers is probably a nightmare, but, Nvidia figured it out.  

I don't think AMD Driver Team is bad, I just don't see either the correct skill set in the team members or the matching necessary leadership of the skill set members they have.  There is a deep fundamental flaw in that department.

AMD released another "feature" in their Drivers to go along with the plethora of buggy seldom used niche options.  That seems to be a leadership issue.  Stop, just stop with the so-called "cool" features.  

Please just please focus on making things just "work".  150% of your effort should be going towards stability and usability, no matter HOW powerful hardware can deliver, making the interface clumsy and half hearted will kill it 100% of the time.

marcopiano
Adept II

I've made the update with the 22.8.1 driver and everything working well....except that now I can't open the AMD Adrenalin edition app... I don't know if I've to reinstall the software.....speechless

0 Likes
marcopiano
Adept II

update on my previous post since update to 22.8.1: yesterday Adrenalin software open again but....I've experienced a new issue....during playing DCS and unexpected message pop up: Driver timeout...(AMD Bug report tool) game stopped... I'm really really upset..

Off course I've reported the issue...but I'm pretty sure that there will be no solution from AMD and I've to check on google a solution that will work...IMG_0386.jpg

0 Likes

After installing 22.8.2 everything is working well!

0 Likes
cinoarizona
Adept I

Filled in Trouble ticket for another crash on 22.8.1 while playing COH2.

The question "How to replicate the problem"....

My Answer "Buy AMD, install drivers, and there you go, as simple as that."

Seriously tho, 22.8.1 my DX9 Realflight works.  22.8.2, it doesn't even launch.  Do you have any control over your development environment?  How do you go from working/not working within a 0.0.x release revision?  How does that ever possibly happen?  Is AMD merging some third party half baked Branch into their mainline Trunk with NO idea what is changing?

I'm aghast as it appears, from the outside, no one inside AMD driver team has an effin clue of what anyone is doing nor what it is they are delivering.  Seriously, it feels like AMD is attempting to make 15 different versions of a driver, and, when they get one that actually compiles, boom, that's the one that ships today.

0 Likes
marcoschaap
Adept II

22.9.1 has fixed the intermittent stuttering and freezing issues in my case. I can enjoy DCS in VR again without any annoying stuttering. Great work!

0 Likes
netizensmith
Journeyman III

23.3.1 STILL has this problem. 10 months and it's still broken.

0 Likes