cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MICROSPAWN
Journeyman III

Battlefield 2042 Direct X Driver Crashes

Is anyone else having Direct X crashes in BF2042. I have a Radeon VII so it has DX12 support. I'm playing at 1440p High 144hz.

My drivers are updated and i had originally DDU the drivers during the beta and tried updating DX12 and i removed my undervolt and left the GPU at stock settings, even saw somewhere that increasing power draw might help, so i had +20 power draw and ramped my fans up to keep up with the temps and was able to play a lil bit longer than normal until Crash #2 happened.

This was the first crash i was getting during beta and during early access last night on release.

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (*The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "AMD Radeon VII", Driver 21.11.2  (21.30.33.05-211110a-373547E-RadeonSoftware). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing, try installing the latest drivers

This was the second crash after trying power draw increase and ramped up the fans

DirectX function *m_devicePlat-> CreateCommittedResource(&heapProps, D3D12__HEAP_NONE, &platDesc, creationState, clearValuePtr, __uuldof(**(&resource)), IID_PPV_ARGS_Helper(&resource))* failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system., or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. "). GPU: "AMD Radeon VII", Driver 21.11.2 (21.30.33.05-211110a-373547E-RadeonSoftware). D:\dev\TnT\LocalPackages\RenderCore2\2.04.300-ks\source4\platform\Dx12\ResourceBuilderDx12.cpp. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing, try installing the latest drivers.DeviceRemovedReason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"),

GPUBreadcrumbs: ------ GPU Stopped somewhere near here ------

[   NO  ]-Rc1;:drawFinalADS

Not really sure what is going on, I've tried all sorts of fixes that people had luck with during the beta when this was happening but a lot of them were on cards that were older and didn't support the correct DX12 version.

This is my system specs if that helps. I don't overclock, i only ever undervolt the gpu for cooler temps but i took that off when i started having problems with this game.

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 5800x

G.skill Flare X 3200mhz cl16 2x16gb

Radeon VII

Corsair hx750 80+ Plat

70 Replies
wilu1981
Journeyman III

Re: Battlefield 2042 Direct X/Driver Crashes

Hey Mircrospawn, 

Unfortunately, I have similar problems. The game crashes in Hazard and Warfare mode and is not playable (Dxgi_error_device_removed). The only mode which is working without crashes is the portal mode. 

My setup: 

- fresh installed windows 11
- Radeon stock stable drivers / Radeon beta drivers from 10.11.2021
- AMD Radeon VII (undervolted and stock settings)
- AMD Ryzen 5800x
- MSI MPG X570 Edge Wifi
- GSkill Trident 2x16 GB RAM 3600
- Thermaltake Smart SE 750W 

I had the same sporadic issues with the beta. Was not able to solve it. 

Elessar93
Adept I

Same here. RX 6800 XT. Game crashes with driver timeout and direct x error. They even published a new driver for this game and it's just a crashfest. I hope the devs fix it soon. I'm just lucky I haven't bought the game yet since I'm trying it with the 10 hours trial. I'm not going to play it again until a new update comes from AMD or Dice.

killroy2963
Adept II

Im having the same problem as the OP, it happened twice, the game locked up twice on El Alamein. I also noticed the profile isn't picked up by the driver, doing a scan does nothing.

AMD 5900 X

XFX 6900 XT

32GB Gskill memory

Gigabyte Master X570

0 Likes
KidDaGoat
Journeyman III

Same issue here, I have installed a couple driver versions now and no change.  

I have turned off my overclock and no change.  

The game starts, it loads up the map as though I am about to choose a spawn and then it crashes.  Every single time.  

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 

AMD Powercolor Liquid Devil 6900XT

Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F

1200W EVGA P2 Platinum PSU

1TB WD SN850 NVME

2TB Inland Premium NVME

Custom loop cooling. 

chambs1
Adept I

Same for me. 5800X, sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900XT, 32 GB RAM. Was going to try without my OC. I'm rolling back to 21.10.2. The only mode that works for me is Portal like you guys. My system RAM also slowly creeps up in all out warfare mode until it's over 24GB and unplayable, stuttering and hitching like crazy. Must be a game issue? 

Guess we all wait for fixes.

For the record, everything else plays flawlessly.

0 Likes
skibbaqtx
Adept I

I have the same errors, followed with a few more different ones when spawning into a map from top side, it will just freeze and bring up errors.

i7 6800k / 32 GB RAM / 6900XT

Tags (1)
Davidpwns
Journeyman III

Same as OP, I even went as far as a fresh install of windows and drivers to no avail.

r5 3600, 32gbram, radeon vii 

0 Likes
Elessar93
Adept I

Is the roll back useful to fix it? I didn't try it yet.

0 Likes
skibbaqtx
Adept I

i rolled back to 2.10 and it would still crash with directx errors. My friend is on 2.08 or something and hes alright at the moment

image_2021-11-15_013158.png

0 Likes