cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AndyDragon666
Journeyman III

Auto-Detect and Install Driver Updates for AMD Radeon™ Series Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipsets Error 182

I've downloaded and installed Auto-Detect and Install Driver Updates for AMD Radeon™ Series Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipsets from AMD Drivers and Support | AMD a few times now and it keeps producing the following error: "Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported". Reading the support page Error 182 | Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware | AMD it says that it's due to an incompatible AMD video driver, one slight catch, my processor, Ryzen 3900 12 Core Processor, does not include video, and the card that is installed is a NVIDIA GT 710. 

Windows 11 64-bit Home Edition Version 10.0.22621. Build 22621

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (MS-7C02)

Please advise how I update my chipset reliably. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

I suggest you stop using the AMD Auto-Detect since you have no AMD GPU installed. It seems like it is looking for a AMD GPU and see only the Nvidia GPU thus giving you that error.

All you need to install is your Motherboard's B450 AMD CHIPSET from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

0 Likes
AndyDragon666
Journeyman III

Thank you kind person.

0 Likes