cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Medookin
Journeyman III

Asus RX 580 4GB - Software crashing/blackscreens/freezing

I hope i will find there a solution to solve the problem that has been with me for 2 weeks of continuous researching about that

My PC:

›GPU - Asus Dual OC 4GB
›CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x with box cooler
›MB - Gigabyte B450M ds3h v2
›RAM - 2x XPG gammix d10 8gb 2666mhz
›PSU - SilentumPc Vero l2 Bronze 500W
›SSD - WD SN550 1TB NVMe M.2
+ 1TB HDD of which model I do not remember

The computer has been new for about 3 weeks (i mean the mb and cpu changed, the gpu and others are 0.5y - 2y old) placed on a new processor that replaced the previous Intel i5-9400f. The system has been reformatted and installed fresh, therefore no problems should be associated with it. In addition, at the beginning it is worth mentioning that I had similar situations with driver crashes on my previous PC build, but then the installation of the latest drivers prevented the problem every time it happens.

And so...
My problem is that after a long session in individual games the drivers for my graphics card crash. Most often it looks like that the game is frozen for a few seconds, then both monitors (I forgot to add earlier that I use two monitors) displays a black screen, then one of the monitors works properly and the desktop is displayed on the other, but the cursor disappears in the "invisible" screen the 'minimalized' game that turns off after a while and the AMD driver error is displayed.
It is worth mentioning here that I have already used many things and nothing has helped.
 I installed newer or older drivers with various possibilities (driver only, minimum installation, full installation) using DDU and AMDCLEANUP. Of course, I turned off automatic windows updates at the start, but to be sure I also disconnected the ethernet cable until the installation of new drivers. I also reinstalled the latest chipset drivers several times. I tried to bury something with card tuning because I read that for some it did not necessarily help to eliminate black screens, although it prevented to some extent and allowed them to have longer gaming sessions. Interestingly, when the card works at stress, practically nothing happens and the card works properly. The problem of black screens and freezes of the screen occurs only in games or sometimes in browser, most often at startup or after a short time. It may be worth mentioning, but in ETS2 while playing in the 1920x1080 windowed, the game froze for me only once or twice, although with the full-screen mode on, the game froze the system so much that even after a few minutes I could not do anything and the discord on which I was still talking to my friends it worked, but friend probably couldn't hear me then. (I will add that the discord never stopped at blackscreens, which probably means that either cpu or the disk are not the cause)
I think thats it . I will try to write back as soon as possible, although I am from Poland and it is different with time zones.This also means that I could not write everything correctly, so if you dont know what the heck im saying, please ask me. Id a Pole is reading it, you can confidently write in Polish, I will better understand some things  

1 Solution
Medookin
Journeyman III

Well, most likely I found a cause and a solution at the same time. I decided to run stress tests on each component and, as it turned out, an error popped up during the RAM test. After that, I decided to test one stick RAM using the memtest86 program and it turned out that one of them threw over 16,000 errors. Well, I was hoping for the end of expenses but I will have to buy some memory. If someone has struggled with similar problems, I recommend testing everything, even if you think that something works 100%. I wish every reader a nice day.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Medookin
Journeyman III

Well, most likely I found a cause and a solution at the same time. I decided to run stress tests on each component and, as it turned out, an error popped up during the RAM test. After that, I decided to test one stick RAM using the memtest86 program and it turned out that one of them threw over 16,000 errors. Well, I was hoping for the end of expenses but I will have to buy some memory. If someone has struggled with similar problems, I recommend testing everything, even if you think that something works 100%. I wish every reader a nice day.