cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dennis075
Journeyman III

Artifacting, texture flickering War Thunder & AMD Software "corrupted" after RAM OC

Recently went from "Team Blue/Green" to complete "Team Red" and overall I am more than satisfied, but it appears that after testing quite some random games I came across issues with the game called War Thunder. Every now and then (I can't really force it to happen) I have this issue of textures flickering and I guess artifacting(?).

Texture bug?Texture bug?

And it appears that overclocking my RAM kills the GPU drivers and I was forced to reset my BIOS and reinstall the drivers. 

I am not overclocking the GPU or anything, it runs with stock values.

I have tried all of this:

Bought new PSU (RM1000x); reinstalled windows now completely after trying reinstalls of drivers and such; BIOS is updated; chipset of the mainboard is updated; playing around with the frequency of the memory clocks and GPU clocks; switching monitor cables (for whatever reason); reseated the GPU

I have no ideas what could cause this, other than this GPU being horrible in general or I just got a bad one unfortunately.

My System:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU: XFX RX 6900 XT Black Gaming

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 3200 MHz 32GB

Mainboard: MSI MPG Gaming Plus

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

The other parts shouldn't be important, but I take every advice or help gladly here.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vonhund
Adept I

I have the same issue, but it happens only if I alt tab the game. So I think it is an issue with the driver. It could also be a renderer issue, used to be you could choose the renderer in the launcher, now you can set it trough the config file. Try doing that and set it to something else, but not dx11. AMD in the driver notes often writes about issues with dx 11. 

0 Likes
Chester1994
Challenger

I bet it´s a faulty GPU. What about warranty?

0 Likes