cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jmaldon000
Adept I

Any solution to the Blender/eevee problem with Radeon GPU?

Hello, please excuse my English, it is not my native language.

For a long time I have problems with Blender when I want to do a viewport shading using the Eevee engine, the render shows a black / gray color image, or corrupted.

I have tried everything, the latest driver version, clean installations, older drivers, new blender installations, I even installed the Radeon ProRender and it didn't help, I think it doesn't work properly either.

The only thing that worked for me was installing an old version of the GPU driver, but it is so old that I lose features.

Does anyone know of a solution or have you heard that they are working on it? 

- Laptop Asus TUF FX505DY with Ryzen 5 3550H

- Vega 8 / Radeon RX 560X

- 8GB RAM

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
jmaldon000
Adept I

UPDATE

Found this in a very hidden post.

Do the viewport shading with Eevee and then go to Render Properties > Performance and check High Quality Normals.

It works perfect, I imagine that before it was activated by default and now they deactivated it and now it must be activated manually in each render. But so far it works perfect.

Thank you very much. I uninstalled blender twice because I thought my laptop was just not compatible. But I realised I could render with cycles with no problems. So I searched until I came across this.

And you can actually save the option for every default scene. When you start up blender, activate the eevee high quality option then go to file>defaults>save startup file

0 Likes