Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MrKilo1
Adept I

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 service failed to start

I get this error message on startup in my event viewer:

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried deleting it from the registry editor however, when I restart my laptop, it reappears. I don't need the V20, the V22 driver is also on there. Does anyone have a fix for this? I have also been having some BSOD errors for the past 6-7 months but I don't know if they're related. Its just the normal "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” (0x000000EF), SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x0000007E), IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000A). 

1 Solution
MrKilo1
Adept I

After doing some more digging and looking into things, I found a program called RyzenMasterSDK in my task scheduler, I removed it using the troubleshooter from Microsoft, and it was able to uninstall the program. I attempted to also uninstall the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 that was there and it unfortunately returned, however, I checked my event viewer and the error I was getting before hasn't returned, I will come back in a day or two and mark this solved if it continues to stay this way.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MrKilo1
Adept I

After doing some more digging and looking into things, I found a program called RyzenMasterSDK in my task scheduler, I removed it using the troubleshooter from Microsoft, and it was able to uninstall the program. I attempted to also uninstall the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 that was there and it unfortunately returned, however, I checked my event viewer and the error I was getting before hasn't returned, I will come back in a day or two and mark this solved if it continues to stay this way.