cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

smthkirill
Journeyman III

amdgpu crash, screen flickering/timeout on windows with iGPU 780M on 7840HS.

My problem is that I bought my Beelink GTR7 7840HS mini pc with a Radeon 780M and it is experiencing frequent freezes, timeouts, etc..

They happen on both Linux and Windows.
On Windows in the form of driver timeouts. On Linux in the form of console errors like no retry page fault (attached below).

During the problem, all applications related to GPU are closed, the screen goes black, on Windows most often after 30 seconds it comes back, on Linux (Fedora) you often have to reboot yourself.
On Linux I tried different kernel versions.
You don't need to say that the problem is with driver version and bios. I have tried all versions of bios almost, drivers are the latest.

I need an answer what could be the problem? I heard nowadays there are problems with power saving on these chips. In general, I need an expert opinion on what exactly it is related to.

Linux kernel error log:
https://pastebin.com/3jJ8Sxcw

4 Replies

HI, same problem on same chipset. I tried everything and they still haven't fix it. (Reinstalled drivers, roll back driver version, reinstalled windows...)

Anyone know a solution?

Hyphen
Journeyman III

Same issue. Random freezes throughout the day. Left monitor goes black, right monitor goes green, have to hard reboot.

anyone can help?, i'm sick of amd driver, my laptop 7840hs 780m can't even watch netflix. If nothing improved, I'm selling this next week and move to Intel

0 Likes
remaud
Journeyman III

We see exactly the same on newly purchased laptops in my company. Lenovo t14s Gen4 machines, and we have the same problem on 100+ machines. We tried all different drivers from Lenovo and also the latest from AMD. But all have the same issue. In the event viewer we se this message : Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Some times the device gets disabled in device manager, probaly because of the crashes, and then the users cannot connect external displays anymore. They need to call helpdesk to get elevated privileges to enable the display adapter again.  This should be fixed ASAP

0 Likes