Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Slizerdk
Adept I

AMD Software Compatibility Tool error 2024

Hello

I get an error saying my software is not compatible with the installed driver when starting Adrenaline.

Fresh reinstall after using AMD software removal in safe mode and reinstalling latest driver (24.2.1)

Tried compatibility tool but ends with error that it cant download software!!

What to do now?

Need to go into adrenaline software to enable chill to keep my 7900xtx and 7900gre from crashing in every game - last crash was in No mans sky from 2016 so not only newer games.

Any other way to keep AMD RX7xxx cards from crashing? - Performance enhancer for cpu diasabled and xmp disabled in bios already.

Please fix the problems with the newer RX 7xxx cards AMD

with kind regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Many times that error can occur if Windows Update automatically installs a different AMD driver after you installed your current driver.

Make sure Windows Update for drivers is disabled before installing any AMD Driver to prevent Windows from overwriting the new AMD driver.

Also use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove the current AMD driver and install the full AMD Driver package.

Make sure Windows is fully updated before installing the latest AMD driver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Many times that error can occur if Windows Update automatically installs a different AMD driver after you installed your current driver.

Make sure Windows Update for drivers is disabled before installing any AMD Driver to prevent Windows from overwriting the new AMD driver.

Also use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove the current AMD driver and install the full AMD Driver package.

Make sure Windows is fully updated before installing the latest AMD driver.

0 Likes
Slizerdk
Adept I

Thx for answering

Sadly thats not an option as i use a insider dev build to test new things, so updates is mandatory and not an opt out option for me.

Just sad you dont get to say what to use in windows even when you try to, but im sure your solution is the right one after reviewing my version numbers of my windows generic gpu driver.

0 Likes

So you are working with a Beta Windows version as a Windows Insider User?

That is something very important you left out of your post.

AMD doesn't support any Windows Insider version and you must go through Windows Insider program and report it to Microsoft.

Pretty certain that Microsoft and  AMD work together in the background with Insider Users reports issues with their Windows Insider version.

Once your Beta Windows version becomes public then AMD supports it.

NOTE: That is why you are having issues since your Beta Windows may have some new or extra features or bugs that is causing problems with the latest AMD driver.

0 Likes