cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nulio
Adept I

AMD Software checks for updates but doesn't find them - Bad issue reporting system

Hi!

I have an AMD RX 6800 and the AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition Version 22.11.2, but this software keeps saying there's no new version.

23.2.1 has been out for a couple of days.

Is this normal behavior for this software?

I also came home to find the pc had woken up from sleep and some error messages, saying things like a driver time out. When asking to send a report, AMD software generates an empty form, and all/most options are just the wrong ones and I have to select several. This is the worst reporting system I have ever experienced.

Cheers

7 Replies
jsk68
Challenger

you can get them here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes

Hi,

I know where to get the update. If you carefully read the post you can probably notice that I didn't ask where to find the update.

I'm reporting that their software doesn't work properly and doesn't find the existing update, telling the user it is up to date.

0 Likes

Yeah I think everyone noticed that.

I believe it may have something to do with the new 7000 series drivers being incompatible with the older hardware.

0 Likes
Gibibit
Adept I

Same issue with v22.12.2 of AMD Software. Doesn't update the app, doesn't update the driver. We should be glad about auto update being broken given this thread that indicates issues with the latest driver: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/if-you-updated-to-23-2-1-and-pc-started-freezing-at-lo...

I don't recommend installing the latest, or at least be prepared to boot into safemode after updating.

What's going on here AMD? Making me wish that I just kept happy with my old GPU that's for sure.

0 Likes

Works great on my 6700xt, best driver so far.

Considering how many people own these cards and how many have problems I think most people are safe.

0 Likes
nulio
Adept I

The software finally showed the available update for 23.2.2.
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature (not wanting to push for less mature updates that have bigger chances to create issues, like the 23.2.1).

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe it is just me but my RX 6800 XT found the drivers the day they launched. Have you ever done a clean install, running DDU to remove old driver files, and got the drivers from the AMD site? Whenever I have issues that is the first thing I do.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes