cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1.
For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1 driver release notes.

Highlights
New Game Support

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  • F1® 24

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
  • Starfield
  • The Last of Us™ Part I

Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 136% on the Radeon™ RX 7600XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-643
  • Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 86% on the Ryzen™ 8700G APU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-645
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

AI Applications on AMD

• The latest version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition ensures optimal support and performance, providing the most refined enhancements and optimizations for the best user experience.
  • AMD Software can power AI functionality included with leading ISV applications. Content Creators can rely on AMD Software to accelerate AI-enhanced features in many content creation apps, including Adobe® Creative Cloud, Blender®, DaVinci Resolve, Topaz Photo & Video AI and many more. Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• AMD Software enables lower-level AI functionality with popular frameworks like PyTorch and ONNX Runtime on Linux®, enabling developers, enthusiasts and researchers to work with AI on select Radeon 7000 series desktop GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing World of Warcraft® or World of Warcraft® Classic on RDNA™ 3 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 on Radeon™ RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.
  • Corruption around certain water elements may be observed while playing Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled.

Known Issues

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.[Resolution targeted for 24.6.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.5.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.5.1, use the tag FORUM-24-5-1-GAMER56

83 Replies
CayroMx4
Adept II

7 A month of waiting for DayZ to appear on the list of known problems.

Draxirch
Challenger

Please please please PLEASE FIX THE DRIVER TIMEOUTS WITH KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX....

again bro ? get the fk out here

AMD have promised me that they would do something, and they haven't, until they do I will not rest, so no I will not. You can't make me.

You should learn the phrase.

"Not got something nice to say, don't say it at all"

Jeeez.

I have every reason to be angry at them.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I do hope this gets resolved.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

So do I, my new hope is with the steam versions of Kingdom Hearts, they are set to use Direct X11, which may very well be what makes them work.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That would be wonderful. I am just happy they addressed the Fallout 3 and NV issues.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

dude you get out of here! this is literally an AMD Issue the only way to get any kind of notice from these guys, is by doing what draxirch is doing.

WE NEED A FIX PLS ITS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHS WITH NOTHING!!!!

I feel your pain battlefield is still broken drivers time outs.

** update**

may have fixed battlefield 2042 with new drivers. I  enabled open GL triple buffering in Adrenalin

2 hours playing no crashes .. wow

Merc 310 7900 XTX

7800 X3D

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Exporting is still broken. It is creating a corrupt *.zip file that cannot be imported. Trying to do so hangs the application and does not import all settings. So basically, you cannot save your settings unless you downgrade first to 24.1.1.

0 Likes
set
Adept II

Why is there no reaction for zombie processes bug?

It makes all new drives unusable in production with integrated graphics.

Cossacks3
Adept I

Cossacks 3 is still not fixed, they still updating this driver, but more than two years they didn't fix it. SHAME! Since 2022 there is a problem with this game.

Labatyd
Adept I

WoW Driver Timeouts still occuring after full new installation of Win10 with the new driver. Going back to my A770 for stable play again.

Dang

I was thinking about putting the 7900xtx back in. 

Guess I'll stick with the 6900xt.

Has there been any word all on these driver timeouts? They seem to be trying to go through game by game without much luck. Is the 7000 series just a dud? My 6900xt has been great. 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

I got Windows Smartscreen Defender warnings when I try to install. Download is from AMD.com.....gonna update the routines for Defender now.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

FORUM-24-5-1-omgnowaybs 

battlefield 2042 still crashes two minutes into game play.

have to cripple card in order to play battlefield, this problem has been on going for 3 years now. a quick look at the forums will tell you that.

***UPDATE***

I may have fixed my own problem after enabling open GL triple buffering  in Adrenalin Battlefield 2042 I no longer crash.  played for two hours all I got was minor micro stuttering.

will keep you updated.

0 Likes
erikovick
Adept II

And the problem with not being able to deactivate SAM via adrenalin continues, I don't know if it is an adrenalin or hardware error, does anyone else have this problem when they deactivate SAM from adrenalin and restart the PC?

erikovick_0-1715884479477.jpeg

wbtcpip
Journeyman III

on 2 computers, despite the correct installation of the update, I still have the old version:

2024-05-16_210812.jpg

i think there is an error in the file amd-software-adrenalin-edition-24.5.1-minimalsetup-240514_web.exe

the file is unsigned and do not updated anything

0 Likes

SAM intermittently not available and greyed out ever since "Smart Technology tab" around the 24.1.1 release. 

Restarts, re-applying rebar, CMOS  pulls have not fixed this. The only thing that works is rolling back to 23.12.1. 

Please help me to understand why this is still an issues. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

I disabled the external events utility and it worked for me

0 Likes
coolrad
Journeyman III

Please release  this  driver for AMD  RYZEN 3 250U with Radeon Graphics   for support to play  

• Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT also.
0 Likes
W0lfar
Adept I

Will we ever get a fix for DayZ? Have you done it before, what prevents you from doing it again?

Until 2024, I had to manually enable DX9 NAVI in the registry to get rid of the problem. Now even this option is not available, because it does not work in new versions of drivers.

Is there only one solution and it has the name nVidia?

0 Likes
Pinkie_Pie
Adept I

I used to think that my 7900 XTX was dying but then asked friend also having 7900 XTX if he experienced artifacting, fired up dying light 2 invited him proceeded to same cutscene with skull face we both experienced RGB laser show, it was such a relief also tested with other friends and randoms, never have they been able to not reproduce the issue that stealthily got fixed partially in 24.3.1 then got fixed in 24.4.1 a bit better but still happens 1 out of many tries.

Also started noticing flickering issues in various games that now other users report in other games, some of which my friends also reproduced at first thought he did not but then changed some settings and waited, sometimes the issue is reproduce able but easier to miss.

Whats funny is after reading 24.5.1 release notes Ghost of Tsushima mentions flickering issues while using recording streaming instant replay via relive for example while HDR is enabled.

So if i disable HDR and any overlays the amount of flickering i get reduces if only i could also disable Windows Game overlay i probably could but as autohdr user i keep that on, also disabling AMD SmartAcces Memory had an effect on reducing the issues.

I am just hoping AMD is pushing something to users that they are still working on to fix.

Anyway i wish AMD would just mention more known issues, including a database of past known issues you can find in an article that is kept up to date for example.

I cannot switch to NVIDIA because they have always had problems with gsync and so far i have had very little issues with Freesync, as well as other annoying issues NVIDIA never fixes.

It's pretty obvious the drivers have problems, alto if you crash in a specific spot or have visual bug in specific spot, its helpful probably to include save game state as well with your bug report, else they have nothing to act on, if it takes 10 minutes to load up a save to reproduce an issue, then that saves time without save it may take weeks or months to reproduce the issues, so hope some users that report having problems keep this in mind.

ddaff
Adept I

Nope. Another swing and miss by AMD...amduw23g still crashes with desktop freezes, black screen, unrecovered, GPU disabled on restart. AMD 7900XT is the only reason why I have to restart my PC every day... it even crashed while writing this message.

AMD Driver team and QM Team need a new version!!!

Have you rmaed your card?

0 Likes

No. The issues I have are common and others with the same issues had their card returned with no issue found, only to have the same crashes, for example :

community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xtx-display-driver-amduw23g-stopped-responding-and-has/m-p/681559/highlight/true#M191945
community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xtx-display-driver-amduw23g-stopped-responding-and-has/m-p/652365/highlight/true#M185412
community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xtx-display-driver-amduw23g-stopped-responding-and-has/m-p/653416/highlight/true#M185692
community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xtx-display-driver-amduw23g-stopped-responding-and-has/m-p/653667/highlight/true#M185730

And other documentation of the same known issues:

community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-lying-about-nature-of-driver-timeouts-helldivers-2-phantom/m-p/669417
community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900-xtx-freeze-and-crash/m-p/666527

community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/monitor-fails-to-resume-from-sleep-s3-mode-with-23-2-2-amp-23-2/m-p/645208/page/9

The card is stable under stress testing and when playing games (those AMD deems worthy of us to play, not Fallout NV, at least out of the box). I mainly experience issues when idle or in low load applications with this new feature called "hardware accelaration". I understand it will take some time for AMD to get a grasp. 

The stability is also very related to the driver versions with 23.5.2 and 23.12.1 being a lot more stable than any of the 24 and to disabling things like the iGPU. In your view, is this still indicative of a hardware issue?

It could possibly be hardware or firmware issues. Finding people with the same issue is proof of nothing unless it is a large portion of user base. There is a lot that goes into it like memory and motherboard. Your issue reads as a defective GPU.

Do older drivers completely remove the issue? If you answer no, then I am leaning towards hardware/firmware issue. Newer drivers just reproduce the issue faster but it is still there. If you have 7000 series cpu and gpu, then highly likely an amd driver is likely to blame as they are ironically still trying to work stuff out.

Just like the guy complaining about all of dx12 needs fixing, which is definitely a hardware/pc issue for him.

0 Likes

It certainly points towards a pattern.  It's as you say, 7950X. With  the exception of one weird hang, 23.12.1 with disabled iGPU was stable, game support was worse. iGPU alone was stable but it's been a while since i ran it alone. Memory in all standard available configurations passed memtest with no error. So you will understand why, from what you said and what can be found in  those and other posts  the pattern I see is AMD releasing bad drivers with poor QM.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

If people have not reported this yet, they should. I haven't experienced this, but it would be wise for everyone to post and use the bug report tool in Adrenalin, to get the driver team to help. I am not saying to spam the tool but getting everyone who experiences this to report and explain how to reproduce the issue will help the team figure out how to fix it.

0 Likes

I have reported the problem with dxnavi and DayZ several times and nothing. I have been waiting for many months.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Unfortunate. 

0 Likes

Yes, dayz has been broken on amd drivers for 3 years....

0 Likes

I also wrote repeatedly about the problem in DayZ and created a post about the problem on this site. Why aren't developers doing anything about this yet? Is it really that difficult to fix?

0 Likes

Sorry but I must disagree here. I have had a ton of issues with my 7900 XTX, but when I finally went back to 23-series drivers, all my issues vanished.

The guy who was complaining about DX12 is right, it's the drivers. I had the same problem with every single 24-series driver, but with 23-series no issues at all.

yep can confirm the dx 12 guy definitely knows what hes going on about.

there's a many people experiencing this dx 12 issue in a few games that are like nearly 14 years old now. its totally unacceptable for a company like AMD releasing these drivers in the state they are in. 

I should have stayed on Nvidia. not one single problem with my old 3060 but I got hungry for more performance to receive a card that doesn't allow me to play a game released on the ps2...

0 Likes

Seeing this issue with a 7900xtx and also had it come up with the intergrated 7950x iGPU.

Even at the windows desktop. Black screen, keyboard lights shut off, and the machine restarts.

Error in event viewer about the driver amduw23g stopped responding.

I've reinstalled everything (w/DDU) and am going to submit bug reports when this comes up again. Then, I'm going to try moving all the way back to v22.

mrsmoki
Journeyman III

Still crashing in Wow Classic.

Win 11

7900 XTX

intel 12700K

4x 16GB Adata 4800 MHz DDR5 ram (no XMP)

I used the AMD Cleanup Utility in safe mode before installing 24.5.1 (with factory reset)

Event Viewer:

Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Go back to 23-series, no problems with those.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Specifically for World of Warcraft?

0 Likes