cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

• New Game Support

• Manor Lords
  • Performance Highlights

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Nightingale
    • SKULL AND BONES™
  • AI Application Update

• Support and optimizations for 7.1.0 & 7.1.1 versions of Topaz Gigapixel AI application with new “Recovery” and “Low Resolution” AI upscaling features.

Fixed Issues

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products. 
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. 
  • Rainbow-like artifacts may appear in water environments while playing Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 and above series graphics products. 
  • Intermittent application freeze when first launching SteamVR using the Quest Link feature on Meta Quest 2.
  • Intermittent system or application crash when screen sharing using Microsoft Teams. 
  • Intermittent application crash changing Anti-Aliasing settings while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products. 
  • Display colors may appear “dim” or “washed out” after closing Enshrouded with Auto HDR enabled.

Known Issues

• Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition or Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.[Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.4.1, use the tag FORUM-24-4-1-GAMER56

94 Replies
Ravayak
Adept I

FIX FALLOUT  3 AND NEW VEGAS !!!!

0 Likes
erikovick
Adept II

The problem with this driver after doing a clean installation with DDU or AMD clean utility - every time I restart the PC, it shows me this message:

"Your hardware settings have changed, please reset your PC to get changes on this version." with or without SAM

I have tried everything, including the solutions suggested by support. Now the problem escalates when I install it - the metrics regarding the CPU become 0 and Ryzen Master also shows values of 0. I have gone back to version 23.12.1 without issues, but we are already in the second quarter and no drivers from this year have been stable, which is a shame...They should rethink what they really need and what they don't to make the drivers useful.

Because yes, I have recently chosen to switch to the red team, including the processor and the GPUs can really compete as long as they are stable. For now, I do not recommend anyone to buy AMD GPUs, even Intel, which is new, is doing a better job at the software level than AMD...

Hopefully version 24.5.1 is stable for everyone.

Please fix the errors and make it look normal.

For me the next driver will be the last chance I give Amd. If they do not fix, or at least pinpoint the problem with the driver timeouts, I am switching back to Nvidia. I will loose some money on the resale of the current GPU, but I do not care.

I would expect at least to pinpoint the issue/s and do a rollback on the features/changes that caused it, if they cannot fix it.

That's right, it's better to sell now because the 8000 series is close and they will lower the price of this gen if they don't want to cannibalize themselves. It seems like a fraud to me that they sell you a product that fails at the software level and they tell you, it's like buying a car but without a player. or with flaws in its mechanism... bad for AMD, I gave it a chance but they failed, now in CPU they are doing well in that I give them credit

0 Likes
zefoss
Adept I

please fix dx11 shaders compilation stutters even if it will reduce fps

22.5.1 works great but it's too old

hardreset
Challenger

After exiting the game to the desktop, windows crashed. It showed a gray screen and have to reset the computer.
I have overclocked vram, but the game runs stably all the time , only when exiting the game windows crashes immediately or after a while the screen turns gray .

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
furkanmermi07
Journeyman III

High CPU usage in Battlefield 2042 with Asus ROG Strix LC RX 6900 XT. Frequently high frame time. Low FPS. AMD exhausted me a lot about Battlefield 2042. They fix it in one release and break it in the next update.

0 Likes

bf 2042 is more cpu than gpu I have these parameters and it works better for me

create a cfg archive

Thread.ProcessorCount 8

Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0

Thread.JobThreadPriority 0

GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 16

0 Likes
Vianns
Adept I

Teams screensharing still crashing the drivers

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

We are all waiting patiently for AMD to actually fix the Direct X12 issues... I can only hope they actually do it though I'm not holding my breath, their track record seems to suggest it may be a few years or the wait is for all eternity.

Kaz850
Adept I

PLEASE AMD, enable support for "Fluid Motion Frames" on the 2022 Radeon 680m / 660m which are both on the RDNA 2 architecture.

0 Likes
twibr
Adept I

great job guys, I like everything

Безымянный.jpg

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Driver 24.5.1 is out.

GUESS WHAT.... No really...

THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED KINGDOM HEARTS CRASHING TO DESKTOP WITH DRIVER TIMEOUTS....

I'm at my wits end. AMD you've lied to me. You're not fixing this at all are you?!?

My disdain for you is growing... unless you actually fix this....it surely isn't THAT complicated.... its a Direct X 12 issue and MANY are reporting it... so why you just SWEEPING it under the rug????

0 Likes

new drivers out 24.5.1 haha disregard

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

NEW DRIVERS OUT PEOPLE!

0 Likes