cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

• New Game Support

• Manor Lords
  • Performance Highlights

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Nightingale
    • SKULL AND BONES™
  • AI Application Update

• Support and optimizations for 7.1.0 & 7.1.1 versions of Topaz Gigapixel AI application with new “Recovery” and “Low Resolution” AI upscaling features.

Fixed Issues

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products. 
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. 
  • Rainbow-like artifacts may appear in water environments while playing Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 and above series graphics products. 
  • Intermittent application freeze when first launching SteamVR using the Quest Link feature on Meta Quest 2.
  • Intermittent system or application crash when screen sharing using Microsoft Teams. 
  • Intermittent application crash changing Anti-Aliasing settings while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products. 
  • Display colors may appear “dim” or “washed out” after closing Enshrouded with Auto HDR enabled.

Known Issues

• Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition or Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.[Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.4.1, use the tag FORUM-24-4-1-GAMER56

90 Replies

Update:

Purchased a 4080 Super and EVERY SINGLE ISSUE I had with my 6950xt is magically gone. Didn't even need to reinstall windows, just DDU-ed AMD's trash drivers, plugged my new GPU in and install latest Nvidia drivers. Works flowlessly and my computer feels 10x snappier and less laggy as a whole (web browsing and video playback feel completely different). I don't even have the stomach to sell the 6950XT cuz I know the next guy's gonna get screwed. Guess I have a 1000$ paperweight now.

**bleep** if I had almost two thousand euros to spend like that I would just jump into a 4090, I am still sticking to my 7900XTX until it explodes or something.

Glad to know you have your problems solved by switching to the green side, I am definitly doing that if AMD doesn't pull themselves together with this year drivers. For now I am sticking to the December 2023 driver as I am not having too many issues with this one.

0 Likes

Spoiler alert - they won't. When rdna released everyone was complaining about black screens and crashes with the 5700/XT. 2 years in AMD claimed to have fixed the drivers (people still had the same issues). When RDNA 2 came people had crashes,stutters, black screens (same as RDNA1) and AMD promised to fix the drivers. Then ~1 year later they "redid" their entire DX11 pipeline and it destroyed stability even more. Then RDNA3  came along and people again had driver timeouts, crashes and stutters.. do you sense the pattern here? And yeah I would've gotten a 4090 but due to the Chinese AI boom they're 2x the price of a 4080 super in my country so I'm not paying 2000$+ for a GPU.

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

I have cleaned with DDU and installed the new driver (driver only) on windows 10 for my 7900xt. I wanted to make sure that is not the fault of Andrenalin software.

Not even 2 hours later, while the PC was in idle, the GPU driver crashed with the timeout error and got a black screen.

Sooo, same problem as all 2024 drivers. yet again rolling back to 23.12.1.

Waiting for the next one.

Meanwhile, maybe we can troubleshoot this problem if AMD does not have the enough people and resources to do it.

I suspect an incompatibility with another driver/software that is widely used or windows process.

Does anyone that experienced the timeouts has logitech software like LogiOptions or Ghub installed?

JaconKin
Adept I

Major issue with new driver causing my 7600 8GB Sapphire Pulse card to have artifacts like the card is about to die taking place. Squares showing up with green/pink texturing across the screen while just browsing the web/facebook in Firefox. Rolled back to previous driver and there seems to be no issues.

Seems to an issue with Firefox, not sure why this is taking place. 

0 Likes
emilioarg
Adept III

No Polaris/Vega?

0 Likes

As far as I know, there is a separate driver for Polaris/Vega

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes
blade888
Adept I

Still Crashes within 2-3 mins after boot up when run along side ASUS Armory Crate version 5.8.9.0/5.8.9.5

Not Strictly an AMD driver issue (as we know ASUS AC can be troublesome itself) but a more of an incompatibility between the two since AMD Adren 24.3.1, and ASUS AC 5.8.9.0.

Reference:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-driver-24-3-1-causing-windows-bsod-driver-po...

0 Likes
SwanUav
Adept I

Installing driver version 24.4.1 cause 100% cpu usage in games like Battlefield 2042 Battlefield 5 Cyberpunk 2077 and others... everything was good on driver version 22.5.2 with cpu util near 60-70 in all this game on my i5 11400

Viteel
Adept I

New AMD update broke my computer. So it started last night I was playing Halo MCC and my game crashed several times due to a “Driver Timeout”. I was very confused as this has never happened before ever since I built my new pc 7900XT. I check my adrenaline software and see there’s a new update released on the 25th. I proceed to install it and around halfway through my computer blue screens. I panic of course and of course it’s the sinister BSOD (Blue screen of death). So I have to do a system restore but of course I cant remember my password from way back when so I have to do a clean install off my usb. I try to install my neatgear wifi drivers off my usb when windows is setup again but then it blue screens in the middle of the install. I am terrified of this I just spent 2000 dollars on a brand new pc and this is happening. Everything was going fine until last night and it has really put a damper on my day. AMD please help me!

MégaRV
Journeyman III

Hello 

I updated this morning and since then when I launch a game (Portal 2 for example) and Photoshop I have a popup with the following error message: "loadlibrary failed with error 126 the specified module cannot be found"
It seems according to photoshop that OPEN GL is not available. Isn't this supposed to be for NVIDIA OpenGL hardware?
My processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
My graphics card: AMD RADEON 6600XT
16 GB of ram

0 Likes

Problem solved as follows:
I properly uninstalled the updated drivers with the software from www.gurud.com (DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller) then I reinstalled AMD software Adrénaline Edition 24.4.1 and everything was back to normal...
If this helps anyone...
Come on, I'm going to play!

0 Likes
JackAward
Adept I

As of my last update in January 2022, I can't provide the specific release notes for AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1. However, you can typically find release notes for AMD drivers and software updates on the official AMD website or within the software itself.

To find the release notes:

1. **Official AMD Website**: Visit the AMD website and navigate to the support section. Look for the driver download page for your specific graphics card model. There, you should find release notes or a changelog for the latest driver version.

2. **AMD Radeon Software**: If you have the AMD Radeon Software installed on your computer, you can often find release notes within the software itself. Open the Radeon Software, navigate to the Updates or About section, and look for release notes or a changelog.

3. **Online Forums and Communities**: Sometimes, users share release notes or summaries of driver updates on online forums, Reddit, or community websites dedicated to PC hardware and gaming. You may find relevant information by searching for the specific driver version.

It's important to review release notes before updating your drivers, as they may contain information about new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, known issues, and compatibility considerations.

0 Likes
Psyhix69
Adept III

I had a BSOD while playing Apex Legends. But to be fair there were other factors = new windows 11 update, driver update and I had OC my 13700K +2... So had to say what actually caused it.

I had disabled my OC since then and have not experienced the BSOD again... but will see.

0 Likes
Obt1
Adept I

AMD please fix direct X issues/errors on COD MW3 like below. It's been months now. I need to downclock my card in order to play the game.....
Ryzen 7 5800x - RX6800XT
Screenshot 2024-04-27 232627.jpg

A_F
Journeyman III

Have you tried 23.11.1 driver? I havent had a single directX error after I reinstalled windows, switched to 23.11.1 and reinstalled the game. Not sure which of these fixed it for me but I had a lot of crashes that just got worse and worse

0 Likes

happens to me too everyday.

If youre on OC then turn it off - even the Undervolt.

0 Likes

Fallout 3 and Fallout NV still broken!

• Breaks on clicking "new game" or "load game" option.

AMD, why you are not fixing it?   :'{  :'{  :'{

ddaff
Adept I

Still getting amduw23g stopped responding when system is idle with no successful recovery. Screen remains blank until hard reset.

Pitty the hardware team who did a great job only to have the driver's QM team reduce their efforts to negative value. Send the current quality manager take a long mountain hike, freeze your code to new features and debug until driver timeouts and fails are not a thing you see mentioned on any platforms.

If your products require that I randomly  restart my PC, you failed. I don't care about any new features.

0 Likes

please fix the issue with fallout 3 and new vegas crashing

What worked for me  was to use the d3d9.dll for Fallout 3 and NV that will fix the game crashing. There is a  NV steam discussion from Sept. 2016 that has links to the mods.Google will surface it.

Why do we have to install mods? Edit registry keys? Disable other PC features in order to play our games and use our PCs? AMD GPU driver quality.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

We shouldn't have to mess with settings to get a game to work.

And yet, we do and here we are.

AMD you better not drop the ball on fixing the Direct X12 issues, they are plentiful and people are not happy...

I may have to get a secondary handheld that can play the KH games without crashing, because this is flat out ridiculous on the crashing per minute scale for AMD RX7000's.

---------------------------------------------

I repeat that we shouldn't have to tweak settings to get a single game to cooperate. It makes you look bad and you should be proving you're not.

0 Likes

They dropped the ball and lost it immediately. This whole 24-series is a joke. No problems whatsoever with the 23-series drivers.

0 Likes
ScarredCannon
Journeyman III

been 5 months since you made ur software unusable with streamlabs and still no acknowledgement let alone a fix 

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

Gray screen after logging into windows , I had to restart Windows by holding down the power button.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Its all just so saddening to see so many issues with AMD...

Unfortunately the grass isn't any greener on the other camp, they also have problems. Debatable if as much, but still.

0 Likes

Hi all! I have already created a post with the problem, but I want to duplicate it here as well. I am the owner of a RX 6650 XT video card from Gigabyte. I only play DayZ and for more than 5 months I have been observing a drop in FPS in cities and too much frame time in this game. I know 100 percent that the problem is in the new AMD drivers (as evidence, I created a post on this site with screenshots of the gameplay with the new driver and the oldest one). FPS can drop to 40 frames per second on medium - high graphics settings. I consider this an unplayable result. If AMD does not plan to listen to its audience, then it will have to switch to a green product.

P.s. For the first time in my life I see a problem with the driver due to which the FPS in the game can be 2 times lower than expected.

jackohlantern
Journeyman III

Haven't been able to play any games or run Microsoft Teams/WebEx for work with my 7900xtx installed. No rollbacks, DDU + install the crystal b*ttplug workarounds from the fanboys helped.

That said, I bought a 4080 super last night, installed the drivers and wouldn't you know it, my stuttering/frametime issues are gone. I can use my pc again.

Lmk if one of you red cheerleaders wants an xfx 7900xtx

Draxirch
Challenger

Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories is a god forsaken mess.

Crashes with ANTI LAG, it crashes without it! 

It crashes when locking fps to 60 or 120.

1) Without anti lag you can't get passed the tutorial.

But if you enable it you will crash when you are given movement after the tutorial.

2) locking fps to 60-120 crashes all battles.

3) Refresh Rate on causes more and more crashes like the one above with the battles.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix has a VERY annoying crash too, using AMD RADEON CHILL you will freeze when after the Clayton fight in Deep Jungle its a gamble whether or not it gets passed the cutscene....

I'm officially at my wits end, you need to SERIOUSLY look at what causes SO MUCH INSTABILITY with KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX, IVE SUFFERED NO LESS THAN 150 DRIVER TIMEOUTS OVER THE PAST 7 MONTHS OR SO... THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I can only hope that they are working diligently on the Direct X 12 issues, it's making it harder and harder to recommend AMD to people... the red flag raised was that they didn't even list it as an issue when I told them for the past EIGHT MONTHS NEARLY about this problem.

I know people will jump at me and say the usual Spiel about the Asus Rog Ally being ASUS' problem and nothing to do with AMD at all, explain your logic, this device uses AMD ADRENALINE SOFTWARE so how is it NOT their problem.l  the Graphics card is AMD origin so please explain how its NOT related.

Look at all the people reporting issues with Cossacks 3, Helldivers 2, DayZ, Call of Duty, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, FORTNITE and of course KINGDOM HEARTS, this just proves that AMD products are inferior to Nvidia at this point, and NVIDIA update their drivers more frequently with hotfixes AKA the game ready drivers, meanwhile AMD update it ONCE at the end of a month.

Not to mention you report that you fix issues when you haven't, false advertising and lying is proving that you cannot be trusted....I wanted to give you some chances that maybe you do care about things. But the bottom line is you tell us to use your bug report tool to report issues but you DONT even action these problems EITHER.

FLY RIGHT OR DONT AMD, Your support is waning horribly lately!!!

I have EVERY right to be angry at you! And now I'm officially past caring.

This is just abhorrent.

(I do apologise if I went a bit too far but I'm just so disappointed that I just completely lost my composure.)

I agree! If AMD is not going to correct its mistakes, then what is the point of continuing to use their product? AMD video cards are made for gaming, but they are not playable due to AMD's negligence. Now I understand why almost everyone hates AMD so much. It's a pity that I didn't visit this forum before buying a video card.

Keep in mind that Draxirch is playing on faulty ASUS hand-held device and has been ranting in every thread about this one game on that hand held for months.

NVidia's current driver thread is up to like 400 posts last i checked, and it's not 400 posts saying how great a job that they are doing. It's pretty much the same stuff and problems as here. AMD does have legitimate problems, but a lot of people quite simply do not know what they are doing. i.e. 600w multirail PSU with 7900 xtx.

I'm sure a lot of people don't know what they're doing, but to say that there isn't an issue currently with Windows/AMD GPUs is just goofy. 7900xtx, 1000w using individual cables that I tested with my multimeter to ensure proper rail voltage. Idk anymore man.

I've been doing some more digging while waiting for the 4080super to get in and it looks like the GPU is getting locked to lower frequencies unless you're streaming/actively running a high load application. p state showing low end @30mhz and then once under load it slowly ramps up until it's usable.

Desktop stuttering is a new one for me though, makes a high end pc feel like an outdated chromebook lol

Are you using MSI afterburner or something like it perhaps that could mess with that? Motherboard utilities/monitoring are notorious for causing problems. Desktop stuttering is strange to say the least.

I never said that amd does not have issues. Just that this one dude piles on every thread for months due to this one handheld device and one game.

Faulty is going a little too far.

It plays certain things pretty much perfect.

Only certain DirectX 12 games dont work as they should.

Regardless.... AMD provide the Graphics software and cards for the Rog Ally so it falls to them to resolve issues.

I have every right to ask for a fix.

The only way they'll do anything is to keep on at them.

I have the same situation. AMD released bad drivers due to which in DayZ in cities the FPS drops to 40-60 frames on high settings (not on maximum). Read my post at this link . I carried out tests in which it is clear that normal FPS is present only in the oldest version of the driver, and in the newest version everything is broken. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/dayz-very-low-fps-in-cities-on-the-rx-6650-xt-video-ca... 

This is a ridiculous argument by all accounts. You can't isolate a single person's issue and blame it on incompetence when there are thousands of people with the exact same problems. And when it comes to comparing AMD and NVIDIA forums people always say that "there are similar number of complaints on Nvidia's side" while somehow always conveniently forgetting to mention that Nvidia's got 85% market share.

I can 100% confirm it happens on normal computers as well. Source: I have an 7800XT and face the EXACT same issues, and I'm not the only one

add battlefield 2042 in there,   never again AMD

AMD fix the drivers!