cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

• Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
  • Outpost: Infinity Siege

Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Diablo® IV
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Fixed Issues

• Excessive micro stutter may be intermittently experienced after enabling AMD Fluid Motion Frames for select games.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs. 
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Improvements to reduce initial loading times while playing World of Warcraft with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Purple corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost and Raytracing enabled.
  • Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.
  • Flickering lights may be observed while playing Space Engineers in certain indoor environments.
  • The maximum memory tuning limit may be incorrectly reported on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics products.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters.
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized.
  • GPU Acceleration may be missing/greyed out in Adobe Premiere Pro on some hybrid graphics systems.
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI.

Known Issues

• Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Important Notes

• For users who previously installed an AMD Software preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Some per-game graphics profiles may have incorrectly been set to HYPR-RX Eco after a driver upgrade. Users experiencing this issue may use the Factory Reset option to return all profiles to default.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.3.1, use the tag FORUM-24-3-1-GAMER56

144 Replies
Smajlanek
Journeyman III

Adrenaline software and adrenaline ingame overlay doesn't work with Helldivers2 after the game has launched, metrics are stuck, alt+r doesnt work, if you minimalize game - adrenaline software doesnt react and cannot be used, saved settings like radeon chill still works, because ingame fps are capped at the value set in chill, that means the software doesnt crash. Everything worked flawlessly with previous drivers. And it doesnt happend in any other game so far, tested 3 games.

0 Likes
Mikelius
Adept I

And yet video upscale does not turn on. Slider does nothing. 

And turning afmf on , fps counter freezes.

Edit. 7800xt, 7600x 

rupatch1234
Adept I

No Nvidia Remix fixes?

0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

AMD also released updated chipset drivers for AM5 and AM4 platforms on the 13/3/24.

AM5 and AM4: https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_6.02.07.2300.exe

Nakedjustice
Adept I

Another issue incoming. Got driver timeouts with Dragons Dogma 2 now. High preset settings FSR3 on quality, every adrenaline function is off. 1440p, fps lock to 120.

GPU 7900xtx Asrock Phantom gaming, 1000w PSU.

Can't play more than 10 minutes. Jesus, amd, what's going on with the latest drivers and games? It was a stable flight prevoius year, but now?

Cossacks3
Adept I

I'm really tired of this. Cossacks 3 still isn't fixed, and I can't play against 4-7 enemies. The game only works with 1-2 enemies. I keep getting an 'out of memory' error or a black screen with music playing in the background. I've been trying to contact AMD and GSG for over a year now, you can find my topic here Cossacks 3 problems 

My graphic card is 6700XT

LeBucket
Journeyman III

there is still an purple and not only purple corruption with "Radeon™ Boost" enabledyes.png

• "Purple corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost and Raytracing enabled." was not fixed

Zhareus
Journeyman III

After installing the new update. My PC cant display anything. the confirmation the new update make my GPU(Radeon RX570) cant display anything after stopping adrenalin from starting up and uninstall it, my GPU can display like normal again.

0 Likes

Please fix Armored Core 6 for VEGA. It's been more than 6 months now...

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/armored-core-6-visual-bug/m-p/637781 

0 Likes
Kaz850
Adept I

PLEASE AMD, enable support for "Fluid Motion Frames" on the 2022 Radeon 680m / 660m which are both on the RDNA 2 architecture.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Is it normal for Fluid Motion Frames to stutter excessively with Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5?

0 Likes
padds
Adept I

is this new driver causing a lot of crashes for people? 

bought midnight suns and persona 5 in steam sale neither will launch /run properly 

0 Likes
sync091
Adept I

still same issue as 24.1.1 - 24.2.1 - 24.3.1 cant do live stream unusable AVC encoder keeps my fps drops. Useless Bug Report Tool . im tired of waiting, is there a chance fix this AMD? just answer me Yes or No so I could sell this card if there is no cure LOL

0 Likes
sync091
Adept I

Same issue as 24.1.1 - 24.2.1 - 24.3.1 high GPU Utilization when live streaming using AVC encoder causing FPS DROPS and screen flickering ! Im using OBS and streamlabs if you ask. have to rollback again 23.x.x

0 Likes

I haven't updated my drivers in so long. Every time I update them the performance is worse and worse and I have to end up using ddu to revert to drivers from last year. Its so sad. Now I'm even afraid to test it out because I am tired of having to use ddu and then find out most of the games I play suddenly stutter like crazy. 

I don't understand how can drivers that are a year or two older work better. What is going on? Why is it so hard to make a stable drivers at least as close to how NVidia are. Not that NVidia is perfect but still way less issues. From what I'm reading this version is not much better. Should I bother to update? 

RedJudgment
Journeyman III

I purchased an RX 7700 XT, but I never anticipated encountering so many issues with what was supposed to be a 'high-quality' product. Initially, certain games wouldn't launch in DirectX 12, and then my computer started spontaneously restarting during gameplay. After numerous email exchanges with Epic Games support, I managed to resolve some of the issues. However, today I decided to remove the card from my computer and replace it with the RX 570, which proved to be much simpler and without any limitations. To my frustration, when I attempted to launch a game in DirectX 12 again, the computer restarted once more.

At this point, I've made the decision to return the RX 7700 XT and take a break from AMD video cards altogether.

CayroMx4
Adept II

FIX DAYZ GPU UTILIZATION AMD!!

Killjoy_666
Adept I

This 24.3.1 update is making a mess. Two days ago on Windows 10 and now on Windows 11.
Driver and software are installed and as soon as I run Adrenaline it gives me "Quick Setup" page and whichever profile I run.......Adrenaline crashes....no error, no nothing.....it just shuts itself down.
When I run it again.......it gives me "Quick Setup" page again.

What is going on?

432hz
Adept III

Installing this update caused my GPU RX 6800 fans to run at 100% at all times when Resizable BAR and/or Above 4G Decoding are enabled in BIOS.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

had this issue with rx6700 after update. I lowered fans speed manually to 30% saved then restored to 100% again and it fixed itself. No more issue 

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try if I update to 24.3.1.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

after some tests the best way  to avoid it: just manually lower fan speed and save. In my case 65% is nice, GPU runs 60-61 C 2300 rpm max with 2800mhz core OC. With stock settings it sounds like a jet in games even while GPU temp is 55 C haha, on desktop, web browser silent. Didnt have that issue with 24.2.1 but its super easy to fix.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Please AMD we implore you to look at the issues being reported by people...

The Display Driver Timeouts are getting to the point that people want to go Team Green than you.

Do you really want to be known for skipping over issues?

Acknowledge issues more.

sync091
Adept I

still cant do live stream. please fix FPS drop when live streaming

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Display Driver Timeouts in 2024 is unacceptable to me.

Can't play Rechain of Memories without crashing whenever you try to move after the Combat tutorial.

This is the page I use to send emails. www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

After a day or so, I'll get a response usually asking what hardware I have and to provide dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) if I'm on Windows. Oh wait! I just noticed the page I linked doesn't have the email submission form, it is missing under English, but the submission form is available when choosing other languages. I don't get that.

Ok. Well maybe you could email them here: consumer.techsupport@amd.com This is the email I get responses from when using the online email form (that seems to be unavailable right now). Also, they offer numbers to call here.... www.amd.com/en/support/contact-call

everyone having problems with crashes contact them let them know !

0 Likes

The fact it's not acknowledged as a known issue when it's been around for a long while now for RX7000 GPUs is unforgivable.

0 Likes

I've uninstalled ALL AMD drivers from my computer.
Both Chipset and GPU drivers.

Everything is working fine for a few days now.

Unfortunatelly, LET MS install drivers from Windows Update.

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Adept II

FIX DAYZ GPU UTILIZATION AMD

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Adept II

FIX DAYZ GPU UTILIZATION AMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU BROKEN THIS GAME 0.5-1YEAR AGO

0 Likes

GPU utilization relies on CPU. what is your cpu?

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Fix AMDWU23G Driver timeouts!

I'm getting sick of asking!

Looked at my event log with Kingdom Hearts and I've had 20+ timeouts from Rechain of Memories.

This is pitiful performance.

Is it also normal for AMD Fluid Motion Frames to become stuttery after time? The movement is like a stuttery mess when I rotate the camera in Rechain.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

20240327_001306.jpg

Another day Another driver crash.....

Come on AMD, fix the Direct X 12 timeouts please.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

I've just submitted another bug report expressing my anger and listing practically EVERY single crashing problem I've come across!!!!

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Anyone try adding a TdrDelay of say 30 to combat the driver timeouts? I'm not having this issue but I've added it in the past:

1. Simply go to your registry: Start --> Run --> Type in "Regedit"

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" and create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit)" and name "TdrDelay" with a value of 30 as Decimal value.

3. Reboot and play

Sadly doesn't work for Kingdom Hearts, Rechain of Memories still times out after the tutorial (literally the second it lets you move it seizes up and crashes.)

0 Likes

Have you tried using DDU to uninstall in safe mode and then reinstall fresh? Just asking. I don't know what you have or have not tried.

0 Likes

Yes I've tried that many times it doesn't help.

0 Likes

I saw this over in reddit just now. Have you tried this?

rawintellect_0-1711621676615.png

0 Likes

The Rog Ally cannot be tuned for whatever reason...if it could these issues would be gone I'm sure of it.

I'm starting to think this will never be fixed on the Ally purely because we cannot access the tuning menu.

0 Likes