cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

• Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • TEKKEN™ 8

New Product Support

• AMD Radeon™ RX 7600 XT

AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) - Boost FPS up to 97% for a smoother gaming experience by adding frame generation technology to any DirectX® 11 and 12 game. RS-630

• AFMF improves performance by adding frame generation technology to AMD Radeon™ 700M, RX 6000, and RX 7000 series GPUs for notebook and desktop platforms.
    • Up to 97% average increase in performance across select titles at 1080p resolution when AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) is ON and upscaled with FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 2 (FSR 2) at Quality Mode, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 on the Radeon™ RX 7600XT GPU, versus when AFMF and FSR 2 upscaling are OFF. RS-630
    • Up to 103% average increase in performance across select titles at 1440p resolution when AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) is ON and upscaled with FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 2 (FSR 2) at Quality Mode, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 on the Radeon™ RX 7600XT GPU, versus when AFMF and FSR 2 upscaling are OFF. RS-631
    • AFMF preserves image quality by dynamically disabling frame generation during fast visual motion.

AMD Video Upscaling – Advanced video upscale algorithm to improve video playback image quality for AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 desktop series GPUs.

• AMD Video Upscaling can be enabled within the Graphics tab to enjoy improved sharpness and clarity, for DirectX 11 applications such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Media Player, with resolution support up to 4K.
  • For more instructions on how to enable upscaling, please ensure that your version of AMD Software is up to date, and learn more HERE!

Additional Video Improvements

• Content Adaptive Machine Learning (CAML) text detection has been updated to support up to 4K gaming for even greater clarity.
  • Various encoding support within AMD Software including AVC, HEVC and AV1 codecs have undergone additional optimizations to improve video encode quality.
  • AMD continues to work with partners to implement video enhancements into 3rd party apps; more updates to follow in upcoming drivers.

AMD Smart Technology Tab – Access the suite of great A+A features from one convenient location to maximize the power of your AMD-powered system.

• AMD Assistant – Automatically enable or disable AMD Software features based on various situations for improved performance or battery life.
  • Additional OS Feature Support
    • Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling has been expanded to Radeon™ RX 7600 series GPUs on Windows 11 version 22H2 and newer. Click HERE for more information.

What to Know

AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF)

• AFMF can be enabled for any DirectX® 11 and 12 title using HYPR-RX.
  • AFMF may introduce additional latency to games and may not offer the optimal experience for fast-paced competitive titles. AFMF is recommended to be combined with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag to reduce in-game latency while maintaining a minimum in-game fps of 60.
  • Due to the potential latency impact of AFMF, it must be manually enabled in the per-game settings for certain fast-paced competitive titles, even if AFMF was already enabled globally. Gamers are free to enable AFMF in these titles based on their preference and gameplay style, however, they may not experience optimal performance – specifically at lower frame rates.
  • AFMF may be enabled or disabled on the fly using the default hotkey of Alt-Shift-G.
  • AFMF currently requires the game to be played in fullscreen mode with VSYNC disabled.
    • For better compatibility with borderless-fullscreen titles, Windows 11 users can enable "Optimizations for windowed games".
    • For a better visual experience, AFMF is recommended to be used with variable refresh rate enabled.
  • Users can check AFMF’s frame generation status using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™’s in-game overlay.
  • AFMF adds frame generation technology to boost FPS outside the game’s engine. Users can use AMD Software Performance Metrics Overlay to see the resulting FPS.
    • Support for third-party performance monitoring tools is not available at this moment.
  • For systems setup using Hybrid Graphics (such as laptops featuring an integrated and discrete GPU), AFMF must be supported on the displaying GPU to be activated.
  • Stay tuned for future enhancements and innovations coming to HYPR-RX with AFMF, focusing on elevating image quality, smoothness, and latency. Enjoy gaming with HYPR-RX.

AMD Video Upscaling

• AMD Video Upscaling can be enabled for most DirectX 11 applications to improve image quality. However, certain applications such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge may require an additional step to activate AMD Video Upscaling.
  • For Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, 'Media Foundation for Clear' must be enabled. This setting can be configured in the browser settings accessed through chrome://flags/ or edge://flags/.
  • Users have the flexibility to adjust the level of sharpness added by AMD Video Upscaling using the slider located within the Graphics tab.

AMD Technical Preview Driver

• Users had the opportunity to get an early look of AFMF through the AMD Technical Preview Drivers and provide their feedback to build and refine the feature. The feedback received through our online communities and AMD Bug Report Tool helped create a more stable experience for AFMF in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1.
  • Users looking for updates of future AMD Technical Preview Drivers can subscribe to our newsletter HERE.

Fixed Issues

• Performance drop may be observed in some DirectML workloads.
  • Intermittent grey screen after driver upgrade with certain monitors (such as Nixeus NX-EDG274K) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Graphics API metric may show as N/A in certain UWP applications.
  • Heavy stuttering may be experienced while playing Warframe and loading into a new area or starting a mission.
  • Black artifacts may be observed in smoke effects while playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III.
  • Black texture flickering may be observed while playing Starfield on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5600 XT.
  • Intermittent install failure may be observed when using the factory reset setting.

Known Issues

• Deathloop may experience extended loading times on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT. [Resolution targeted for 24.2.1]
  • Dead Space may experience an application crash after enabling RTAO on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Excessive stuttering may be experienced when first playing a match in Overwatch 2. [Resolution targeted for 24.2.1]
  • Audio may intermittently become out of sync with the video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition using AV1 codec. [Resolution targeted for Q2]
  • Oculus Rift S may display with a green tint on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • After a system reboot, Parsec host application may experience a crash on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX. [Resolution targeted for 24.2.1]
  • During Microsoft Teams meetings, the camera may intermittently display looped footage on some AMD Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U Processor.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.1.1, use the tag FORUM-24-1-1-GAMER56

88 Replies

This discussion is now locked. Please refer to the Adrenalin 24.2.1 driver feedback discussion here.

0 Likes
jmag1988
Adept I

When updating to drivers 24.1.1 it doesn't let me activate the smart access memory, it says it is not compatible, but I have an RX6700XT. Is AMD aware of this error? And when are they going to fix it?

FaCeRo3L
Journeyman III

I Can not change any custom resolution in amd! 

I got 165hz neo g7 screen.

With 60 hz or different resolution it doenst work!

Why? Maybe some one has the solutiom to al this....

Btw CRU doesnt work also please help

JensenG13
Adept I

This is getting out of any imagination, seriously. Driver Timeout + DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET, again and again and again, even with 24.1.1, and PCIE 4.0 not working, same as with any other drivers i tried. Even viewer literally spamming non stop errors, regarding PCIE slot. Made some digging, and it's from AMD. Changed another old gpu with PCIE 4.0 (3080 Ti), and errors went away magically. I can live with that, by switching to PCIE 3.0, but constant Driver Timeouts in almost every game? Not gonna happen dear AMD.

Tried like 5 different drivers so far, nothing. Reinstalled Windows 10+every possible updates, Bios updates, Intel related drivers, nothing. At this point, i'm not sure if it's ADM Drivers that really bad, or my gpu is defected (not even 4 months old). My Motherboard? I don't think so, since it's also new, like a year, and never had any kind of  problems before with my old 3080 gpu, expect the outrageous power consumption.

I waited over a month to see if new drivers could be fix said issues, but nope. I guess time to return the gpu to vendor, and go back to Frogs i suppose.. Too bad, and performance was just great if drivers not crashing like that. Installing Drivers Only or Minimal version of Adrenalin? It's useless, since no way enable a lot of features.

pci.PNG

BlackStarGX
Journeyman III

After the update it took me a day to realize that adrenaline software doesn't track CPU Temps and watts in metrics anymore after the 24.1.1 update.

And I can't rollback the update either.

I upgraded to 24.1.1 and the CPU metrics are working on my end (7800X3D)

Btw, I did notice that after uninstalling Ryzen Master I still had AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask in my Windows Task Scheduler, so I assume that's installed with adrenalin and not Ryzen Master? And since the task runs non-stop (Status: Running)  then maybe it's actually related to the metrics, does anyone know if that's true?

You can roll back. Uninstall these drivers using the amd cleanup utility and download the 23.12.1 from previous release link (at the bottom of the screen in the download drivers page).

0 Likes

I was having different problems but was missing the overlay tab in the app next to the tracking tab under performance/metrics.. Uninstalling and rteinstalling did not correct the missing tab.. what did work however was the factory reset option,, settings top right gear looking icon/system. After using that factory reset the tab was back. I would suggest trying that even though you do have to go and reset all your other settings that you were/are afraid of losing or having to go through again as I was. It did work. But I am still having the issue of game (DayZ) crashing randomly and locking up my system. At least I can now repostion the metrics overlay hich as stuck on when it was disabled after moving it. Now I won't move it again for awhile.

0 Likes
voL4eHok
Adept I

Why i can't use AFMF on my 6800M if it said that i can run it on "AMD Radeon™ 700M, RX 6000, and RX 7000 series GPUs for notebook and desktop platforms"?

ThePunisher01
Journeyman III

I have stuttering in btf2042 and micro-cutting in the other games too, the game even crashed at one point, it won't load the textures, it's really bad.

I've found the following issues with this release (also were in the preview version of this release) that have forced me to roll back:

• Can't log into Twitch via Adrenaline, says `incompatible browser`
  • When using AVC encoding in OBS, the encoder is overloaded and cripples system performance

Hopefully both issues are fixed in the next release

The amd "advantage" laptops with Vega apu's and rdna2 cards can not use afmf only with a mux switch which most of the "advantage" laptops didnt come with where is the "advantage" not even being supported anymore cant get any new features

0 Likes
Brammie119
Journeyman III

This update doesn't work for me at all. AMD Adrenalin always crashes when opening. and i have to force it to close.
When I press record and stream it get completly stuck and i even have to reinstall it. I have tried everything now, but it really seems to be due to this update.
Everything was fine before this update. and certain games no longer work. And everything with the Unity engine is not working normal

this update is really terrible

Intel I9 9900
6800 XT

0 Likes
doomcreeper
Adept III

In this version of adrenaline, the processor temperature (7800x3d) is no longer displayed

Снимок экрана (39).png

The adrenaline window is distorted when the wallpaper on the desktop changes.

Снимок экрана (41).png

Снимок экрана (40).png

thisiswae88
Adept II

hey amd,

could you please fix the issue with the past 2 whql drivers, that makes my 1440p monitor cap 4k at 60hz.

my monitor is native 1440p but it can do 4k at 60hz but having vsr and gpu scaling enabled I was able to play at 165hz at 4k,. These past 2 drivers are capping me to 60hz at 4k. the november driver is fine and it works for this but not the new latest drivers.

0 Likes
kristijan1
Journeyman III

does anyone have problems with this new 24.1.1,before updating my pc work without problem after updating,my pc sometimes freezes for second and sound freezes too,also google chrome take much more memory and cpu

viovioletta
Journeyman III

Why is the apple bootcamp version of this driver still on v21.30.45.18 and not received an update since last june?

0 Likes
AW3S0ME
Adept II

When are we getting Anti-Lag + back?  still on 23.10.1

Using a 7 series card..

algaema
Journeyman III

Hi AMD,

Recently Microsoft has updated Teams to a new UWP based version (Microsoft Teams 2.1). I noticed that after their update, my computer installed with RX6800XT display card and Ryzen 9 5900X is having random issue during meeting when external party try to share their screen to me. 

The issue is only seen using native Teams client. If I copy the link and open the meeting in Chrome, there will be no issue. Is it because of some GPU acceleration causing AMD display driver to hang? Already upgraded to AMD driver 24.1.1. 

Thanks and regards,

Al

BobC9512
Adept I

Your link to the bug report tool doesn't point to the bug report tool.  It can't even be found via a search on that page. The AMD Adrenaline 24.1.1 software seems to install fine, but will not open.  i have used the cleanup tool and reinstalled.  No help.  Pleas advise.  Multiple posts about this problem are appearing on the software and drivers forum

0 Likes

When you use ctrl alt del and open task manager can you see that AMD Adrenlin is running? If so right click on it and end task. Instead of dble clicking to open the app again right click on the app icon and click open. See if that works, I have had to do that a couple times because it would not open but showed it was running and after ending task on it and then opening by right click/open it opened. It only did that twice so far, failed to open. "Note I am just a customer not a tech."

0 Likes

I also had to use AMD driver cleanup utility too, once I did Adrenaline started to work again. Only other hindernance I have had was with Fluid Motion Frames. I was getting 300 to 400 fps which was causing my Asrock 7900XT to overwork and I got a few windows hardware issues. Once I disabled Fluid Motion things went fine. 

I think Fluid Motion is ment for lower end GPUs at this point, my monitor tops at 165hz so I don't really need 300 to 400 fps in games. 

0 Likes
Freajka
Adept I

World of Warcraft with DX12 still crashes with driver time outs.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

new driver crashes pc windows 11!  cod, bf 2042 ,bf 5, starfield, pubg. all crash with this driver crazy stuttering

with or without enabling afmf 

had to down grade drivers to get system to work again

7900xtx 5900x 

32gb ram

Insomnia86
Adept I

This driver is really bad the only good thing about this driver was Amd Fluid Motion Frame(AFMF) but this feature is not worth all the trouble that this driver causes like black screen freezing of the display and the sound so i deleted the driver and revert back to Adrenalin 23.12.1 and everything is working fine again.

Jaruso
Adept I

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Does anyone know anything about Sonic Generations not showing springs in trees properly on the Rog Ally?

They show a black void around the spring?

0 Likes

I always verify game, when i see something like missing or improperly drawn assets.

0 Likes

Sadly that did not work, I'll see if a full reinstall of Sonic Generations fixes it.

Still hoping AMD will look into the display driver timeouts in the RTX 7900 / Z1, Z1 Extreme cards. Nothing I do fixes it at all.

Here's what i refer to with Sonic Generations.

20240205_161421.jpg

 it only happens with springs obscured by trees.

Update: Starting a new game fixed it for some reason?

0 Likes
hazart
Adept I

24.1.1 continues to have memory leaks through zombie processes for 7840U and 7840HS.  23.10.2 is the last-known driver that doesn't have this issue.

More information and method to reproduce: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/121wtde/amd_drivers_memory_leak_through_zombie_processes/

hamzaalbeast
Journeyman III

I have the asrock 7900xtx experienced 2 crashes within 2 games on this new driver in mw3 ranked play. Never had an issue on the previous driver. pls fix

0 Likes
gerardof75
Adept I

I went back to the previous driver version... I have an Asrock 7900XT and I experienced a lot of stuttering and high GPU usage spikes on idle.

caero
Journeyman III

I am using a RX 6600 as a eGPU in a Razer Core X enclosure. However there are no options for AFMF nor is things like FPS etc shown in the AMD Overlay with the 24.1.1 drivers. Could anyone at AMD elaborate on if the new features are only for non eGPU?

0 Likes
h9l
Adept I

Still the same rendering issues as described in my post here:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rendering-issues-in-firefox-with-ryzen-7700-igpu/m-p/6...

Wondering when this will be fixed as it is quite annoying!

0 Likes
Gungnir666
Journeyman III

i recently installed the driver update for my rx 6400 and it literally breaks my computer i have to reset the thing to even open browser wth is happening

0 Likes
Egaragul
Journeyman III

7900 XTX - after driver update crashes with Adobe Lightroom Classic, Helldivers 2

Helldivers 2 - random crashes with black screen in random places. No any system of crashes.

LightRoom - crash when photo editing, can reproduce : Open app, choose a photo, use preset, if not crashed, set another photo, use preset - crash.
Sent bug reports using adrenalin for the helldivers 2 and for the lightroom

0 Likes
masterx1234
Adept I

BUG report: Freesync is still not enabling properly

all AMD driver version's that came out after 23.12.1 seem to suffer from a bug that seems to disable freesync at random and locks the monitors refresh rate to its max instead of letting the refresh match the in game framerate. This causes the game to have frame pacing issues because the in game framerate is different from the current freeync refresh rate.

How to reproduce the issue: Install any driver after 23.12.1, have freesync enabled, SAM turned off, launch game and turn vsync on

Games affected in my testing: Subnautica, no mans sky, monster hunter world

Notes: It seems that in driver 24.2.1 the problem cannot be fixed with previous known workarounds, (toggling SAM off and then back on)

SPECS:

CPU: R7 5800X

Ram: 32GB DDR4 3200 (silicone power)

GPU: Red Devil 6900XT

MOBO: gigabyte B550 aorus elite AX V2

Storage: 4TB m.2 SSD Samsung

PSU: 1000w Bequiet Pure Power 12 M

0 Likes
KratkoCebe
Adept I

Today after many years i got AMD card, and after so much people told me don't do that to yourself i did it. Installed new drivers and games work fine till i tried Warzone. Crashing every single game. Tried two drivers and its same. Than i wanted to install 23.11.1 and got message that i don't have hardware for that driver . Like what's happening. Lost whole day trying to solve problem. My card is RX 7600 XT . 

0 Likes

Hi! Sorry to see that you are having a hard time.

The 7600xt was released after the 23.11.1, so there wasn't a 23.11.1 version for it. Thats why you dont have the hardware for that. Those drivers did not exist for that GPU.

There is a 24.2.1 that is a beta version. I'm currently running that on my 6700xt and it's pretty stable (I had to do a less aggressive OC/UV, but it works)

I saw quite a lot of people saying to turn off something about light.. Can't remember the exact term cause I do not have it on my 6700xt. Anyways, hope it helps!

Kind regards - Kahlimdor -

dyllan0429
Adept I

my 7900 xtx is constantly crashing now with the 24.1.1 update. runs fine on the older version but then I can't play other games. plus any 3D rendering I do with the 24.1.1 update is slow and lagging now too... Love AMD however this is a little irritating hope all will be resolved in the next update 

0 Likes