smithchrism
Adept II

AMD Ryzen, newest drivers and 7900x

4 Replies
smithchrism
Adept II

Hello there,

Long time since I last posted.

I recently purchased and have setup an AMD 7900x based system.  It's installed into an Asus ROG X670E-E Strix (or whatever it's called) mobo and a 6900x vid card.  The system is running fine for now and is quite frankly awesome.

I'm seeing an old problem.  When I install Ryzen Master, it's not showing up in the video drivers.  Recall in Adrenaline it shows up and shows CPU information.  I'm not seeing that.

Any thoughts what's going on?  I'm using the latest versions of Ryzen Master, vid drivers, and everything else.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
codename62
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue.  I have a Ryzen 7900X CPU, B650 AORUS ELITE AX Mobo, and RX 6800 GPU.  Only CPU utilization shows up in Adrenalin.

0 Likes
smithchrism
Adept II

Yeah, in addition to the above I'm not convinced all the information coming from Ryzen Master itself is correct.

All of this reminds me of the early days of the 5000 series CPUs when they were launched.  This stuff happened then too.  Maybe we should do a google search and figure out what the early solutions were back then?

0 Likes

I figured out the problem and solution for my case. 

In short the issue is that Windows (I am still running Windows 10)  at some point will update and install its own generic display driver after you have installed the AMD  Adrenalin driver which causes most of the CPU telemetry to not show up in AMD Adrenalin.  So here are the steps I did.

1. Disable Windows Updates via the Services Panel
  2. Download the latest AMD Adrenalin drivers (its ok if you already are running the latest driver version.  Installing again will repair it.
  3. Before the install process starts make sure to check Factory Reset.  This will clear previous driver versions and stop and Windows updates during the install (at this point you would have disabled Windows updates).
  4. After going through the install process and several restarts you should see all of the CPU telemetry in Adrenalin.

These steps worked for me.  I figured out what was going on after I changed GPUs.  Hope these steps work for you.  The problem with the steps I have presented is that you will no longer be able to do any Windows Updates conveniently, because if you let Windows update service run at some point in time after you install the latest AMD  Adrenalin driver it will want to install a generic display driver.

0 Likes