cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GamingOrange
Adept I

AMD Rx 580 driver timeout in vr (after an hour) (oculus quest 2)

Hello, I run a rx 580 8gb with a ryzen 5 1600x with 16gb of ram 3200mhz and i have been crashing a lot recently with Vr(and ONLY in vr). The error is stated as a driver timeout.

Heres a list of what i have tried: updating BIOS,reducing clock speed,disabling windows driver updates,buying a new oculus quest link cable,trying all my other usb ports, playing wirelessly with the quest 2, playing with only the drivers and not the radeon software, reverting to old versions,updating drivers,playing with no peripherals and only my headset connected (no monitors as well), uninstalling oculus app,CHANGING the thermal paste in my cpu and gpu.

my temps are fine as im playing with 65c in game so as my clock speed going to 1400mhz

i tried playing games without steam vr to see if this was the problem but it was not

im getting desperate for solutions as i wondered through all of reddits amd related content

So if anyone can help that would be awsome thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey its been a little while but since i think i have found my solution i downloaded a software calledHWININFO64 which access the sensors on you're motherboard and my psu is  4years old

i found an article going over the same problem as me and gone over the supposed voltages and how its supposed to be stable, my voltages are NOT stable fluxuating to 11.6 to 11.2 when its supposed to be 12.24 ish heres a link to this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-turns-black-while-in-game-can-still-hea...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MinorSupernova
Journeyman III

hey, I'm having the same issue with the RX 580, I've tried some fixes but they only seem to prolong the inevitable. try disabling image sharpening and upgrading to the latest drivers, otherwise, I'm looking for answers like you.

Hello, thank you for replying and i just tried your method but i still crash, im considering a nvidia 1660 super as a solution due to lack of support from the amd tech support

0 Likes

Do you have black screen error? I have errors also with VR games, but black screen while playing. Answer me and I think I can tell you a solution. Greetings

Hello, Yes i do black screen  for about a minute but my game is frozen but i can still hear audio and speak to my friends then my pc crashes with a driver timeout error sometimes i don't get a driver timeout but its super rare

OK. I had the same problem. Even my graphics card is the RX590, just 1 opposite higher than yours, so what I did should work.
The solution I did was as easy as looking for drivers prior to the date of 2022-12 (end of the year 2022) and installing it. With these drivers, the black screen-blocking error has not appeared again. I put a link to the original AMD drivers from its official portal so that you can install them and try if it works for you.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-10-2

I recommend that you first uninstall the old ones with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download) with your PC in safe mode in order to eliminate all files and settings of your previous driver.
I also recommend that you try more current drivers little by little in order to have the most up-to-date possible, without installing the ones that give the error.
Furthermore, I hope this helps you.

I have already posted this bug on this forum to see if some AMD moderator can see it and report it to the Driver developers.

Hey its been a little while but since i think i have found my solution i downloaded a software calledHWININFO64 which access the sensors on you're motherboard and my psu is  4years old

i found an article going over the same problem as me and gone over the supposed voltages and how its supposed to be stable, my voltages are NOT stable fluxuating to 11.6 to 11.2 when its supposed to be 12.24 ish heres a link to this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-turns-black-while-in-game-can-still-hea...

0 Likes