cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Codexmach
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics VRAM

On this occasion my vram memory only has 1024mb and 7gb of shared memory. I have seen that there is a way to change this value of 1024mb dedicated in which it is changed from the BIOS, the problem is that the Bios f. 47 does not give you the advanced options and there is no way to configure and increase the dedicated memory instead there is also the option to create a folder in the file editor and create the GMM and a key to increase the dedicated memory but it does not work in this either case I run out of options

Codexmach_0-1670271152989.png

0 Likes
1 Reply

If the option or BIOS Setting is missing to increase or decrease the IGPU vRAM that means the manufacturer has set the vRAM to be permanent and can't be changed.

Generally if there is a BIOS Setting you can go from 526MB to 2GB or larger depending on the Manufacturer.

It really doesn't matter because Windows will automatically adjust the amount of vRAM the IGPU needs to run a specific App or Windows or video or game.

Besides if you were able to add more vRAM Memory that vRAM Memory is taken from your System RAM Memory amount. So if you have 8GB of System RAM Memory then with the IGPU vRAM Memory you now have 7GB of System RAM Memory to use.

0 Likes