cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kelb
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX RGB Tool Not Finding My Card

Photo of PCPhoto of PCCard in GPU slotCard in GPU slotThis is my first PC build so I am not sure what is the problem.

I have a Radeon RX 7900 XTX Taichi, ASUS B650A- WIF Gaming Motherboard, Ryzen 7900, I am using two monitors: LG 27GP850-B and LG 34GP63A-B. My case is the Hyte Y60.

In regards to the RX 7900 XTX RGB Tool

I tried downloading the driver several times. I uninstalled it reinstalled it. Restarted my PC . . . I saw forms suggesting to plug in the monitor a different way. I tried single monitor through all three DP port and I tried HDMI. I still get prompt with plugin your AMD device to begin. My GPU is the only thing stuck in rainbow color and it is annoying. My bios are all up to date. I have been troubleshooting for hours. 

One of my thoughts is this is happening because of the way the GPU the is plugged into the case, hence why I included what case I have. 

One thing I have not tried is taking out my GPU and replugging it back in. However, GPU should be fully inserted. I heard the click going in.

Any thoughts of how to fix it will be much appreciated.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Maybe you need to use asrock polychrome.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You do need ASRock's software. Polychrome had issues and would not work with iCUE running. In order for the X570 Taichi motherboard RGB to run properly, I had to set iCUE to not start on boot, and then set my motherboard RGB with Polychrome, and then set Polychrome to not start on boot, after this I could set iCUE to load on startup, and only then did all of my RGB work correctly.

It was a pain, but after it was all done I haven't had to have the Polychrome App open for my RGB to work. I think you only need it to configure the RGB and then you can just turn off auto startup.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes