cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Challenger

AMD need to look into Direct X 12 issues.

The issues with Direct X 12 are not small.

Please look into the issues why certain games crash with DX12.

Games list

Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX

(Not able to change to DX11 so this is a definite issue. I dont want to play pot luck with crashes anymore...even AFMF is not a sure fire solution as i thought... certain cutscenes in KH2 will crash at 30 fps while others crash at 60-120, it makes NO SENSE TO ME....)

World of Warcraft

(The sheer magnitude of not being able to play such a huge MMO without going back to Direct X11 and i hear it is not a smooth experience, you should be looking into this!!!)

(If you have any other games let me know below and I'll update this list.)

The fact you don't acknowledge this as an issue is very disappointing.

You only fixed Starfield because people were in a HUGE UPROAR over it not working. Now DirectX12 isn't working properly so please address it with diligence!

31 Replies
Mirk44
Adept I

I agree, give us a proper answer. This is simply ridiculous, if you can't even admit there is a issue with this what should we think about? That AMD sells a faulty product knowing full well they are duping people? That AMD isn't even looking for a solution? That we should simply accept that nearly everything with DX12 is going to be a major problem?

0 Likes

Its simply disgraceful, and I wish I could put an Nvidia card inside my Rog Ally instead.

And I don't want to hear people say this is ASUS's fault because it just isn't, AMD supply the Graphics not Asus. Therefore it's AMDs job to address issues with their products.

Our voice must be heard! I will not rest until I get some kind of RESPONSE on this!!

Yes I know Square Enix said its not supported but this is a flatout lie, it works it just crashes because AMDs graphics cards for the RX7000 series have issues with Direct X12 games.... which is unacceptable in 2024!!

AMD wake up and address your faulty products issues!!

7800 xt owner here,

Appreciate your persistence calling out this issue, at first I didn't understand what was happening. Tried to play robocop rogue city, the game crashes when the game's running at 90-100% gpu usage. Helldivers 2, same thing. Rage inducing. All my samples and progress on a mission just for it to crash. Neutering my gpu by limiting the boost clock and fps to make the games playable IS NOT A SOLUTION. I paid for this product, I would like said product to work as intended. From what I've seen here on the forums it looks like AMD is just brushing the problem under the rug, not acknowledging it. Never again, waiting for the RTX 5070 to come out and never buying AMD. Heck I might even try Intel Battlemage if it looks good.

0 Likes

I'm hoping EVENTUALLY we will get these issues resolved.

My persistence at least has them clued in on the bigger issues with DX12.

Draxirch
Challenger

There is no real solution or work around to this even with my previous solutions I'm still crashing out randomly.

My patience wears thin.

Can we please have an update on whether this will be looked into or am I just wasting my time with AMD?

Asus bet on the wrong horse, they should've put an Nvidia card in the Rog Ally. *sigh*

BOZE9
Journeyman III

had issue with Battle.net world of warcraft running. had to switch to DX 11 to allow it to run.

Raytheon RX 5700 XT card.

this needs a fix from AMD asap. 

had tech support from Dell and Battlene.net trying to resolve for two weeks.

lucky i saw DX 11 fix in a comment online query.

Draxirch
Challenger

This is why I hate that Kingdom Hearts doesn't have Direct X 11.... I have to rely on a **possible** fix coming....but I really don't know if I am holding onto false hope.

Buutti
Adept I

I don't know which would result in something sooner, banging your head on a wall or waiting for AMD to fix this issue..

0 Likes

Haha I'm still going to give them a chance, especially as I know my issue with KH is now known "properly" by the driver team.

Fsociety00
Adept I

7800XT owner here. I spent hours searching for the world of warcraft crashes solution. It amazes me that so many people got the same issue for months now and it is not fixed. This was my first AMD GPU and it will be the last. I'm selling it as fast as I can and buying nvidia.

It's been 2 days since I turned off freesync for WoW in AMD software. I had zero crashes so far and everything seems fine. Hope it helps.

0 Likes

It would be so much easier if KH1.5+2.5 supported Dx11 but they don't....and turning off freesync doesn't resolve it, only prolongs it  crashes are inevitable with this game...

I forgot to reply but you were right. It crashed after 2 days of playing and then just after 30mins so I had to roll back to DX11. I love AMD

Buutti
Adept I

I don't know if you have tried this already, but I got all my problems fixed related to any crashing by rolling back to 23-series drivers. Haven't had a single issue after that. The 24-series drivers are simply very bad.

Tried that, no change, it still inevitably crashes. More so in fact without AFMF.

Hello There, I don't know what parts you are running in your rig but if you are having problems running games on 23 Drivers, More than likely there is a problem with your computer. 

I would look at upgrading your power supply depending on what you have. Most people don't know how to choose the right power supply for their rig. looking at watts is not adequate. I recently upgraded from a corsair Hx1200i To the beast AX1600i Same brand (Corsair). here Is what I'm running: corsair 1000d Super-Tower Case, power color red devil 7900xtx, AMD Ryzen™ 7 7800X3D, iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Push pull Fans. My case has a lot of fans. Upgrading my power supply solved my issues with games I play, like Battlefield 2042, Assassin's creed mirage, Dead space remake, Etc. Some games from unplayable to playable and from playable to perfect!

I'm on 23.11.1 I plan to test the new 24.3.1 and report back here. I don't expect them to be as stable as 23.11.1 but if gameplay is fair I'll stay on 24.3.1 and forward. But if not I'll Roll back to 23.11.1.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Its an Asus Rog Ally. It definitely is not hardware related.

They don't all perform the same. Some will have issues in games that the same model for another person won't due to any number of personal settings and other factors. You're also mainly talking about a game that's a port of a port of a port and is somehow magically now Dx12 as well.

Not saying everything is rainbows and butterflies here. Dx9 game performance is garbage on recent GPUs, but you're comin here tearin up a storm about a game that has had these issues since launch a quick google search will show. Most of the issues being that the game was defaulting to use the igpu rather than GPU which using a Rog Ally you can't do anything about as far as I understand.

Hopefully AMD can find something to fix it for you, but whatever the developer says, this seems more of a rushed port issue than anything(also trying to play the game on a device it was never tested on I imagine? SHOULD work != WILL work).

0 Likes

I have an rog ally and KH1 crashes all the time. This is definitely an amd driver issue. I also have a steamdeck with windows on it and can play KH1 just fine no issue. I also have a PC with an AMD CPU with Nvidia GPU and KH1 also works fine. so clearly the game works fine on other pieces of hardware not a port issue. So this is an issue with certain family of amd GPUS that are having this issue which the Ally falls under. So please stop trying to downplay someone that has been pushing tooth and nail to get this REAL issue fixed.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully it WILL get resolved.

I've been chasing on and on for the past 6 months. It was a glimmer of hope that admins spotted my constant reporting.

I can only hope it was enough.

0 Likes

A simple search will show your response disingenuous. KH has had issues with a number of PC configurations since launch. Bad port is a bad port, like I said, hopefully AMD can find some way to make it work. All I am saying is that maybe all the blame isn't on AMD.

Square-Enix can screw up, they do it frequently. Heck, most of the stuff isn't even developed/released by them recently. It's okay to acknowledge a bad port for what it is.

0 Likes

It works perfectly fine on my Nvidia Laptop.

It works fine on certain AMD graphics cards.

The only one it doesn't seem to like is RX7000's as AMD likely broke something with Direct X 12 games, like KH, WOW and Fortnite to name a few.

While yes the port is bad I won't deny that it's way less stable on RX7000's hence why I've pursued AMD to fix SPECIFICALLY in RX7000 GPUs which the ROG ALLY falls under 7840U which is a RX7000 GPU hence why it crashes frequently.

I'm just going to put my faith in them. They might very well resolve this now thanks to persistence.

Your opinion is yours, I won't take that from you.

JensenG13
Adept I

Root of ALL issues, is Adrenalin software. As soon as i start Adrenalin, the very same time i start to receive Driver Timeouts in LOT of games. Installing just the driver, everything runs fine. But there's no point to use just the driver, since people want to change colors, video game specific settings, and such, and only driver, or minimal version, literally just not worth, since everything missing.

Never was like that with Catalyst. AMD team they should and must, strip down entire Adrenalin software, and re-built it from scratch, by testing lot of directX 12 games.

Driver Timeouts getting out of hand seriously. Last day had another one JUST while watching Netflix. Bought Helldivers 2 to play with my friends, boom, Driver Timeout. 

Battlefield 2042, same. Fallout 4, same, Starfield, as well. 

So, all we have is just 2 options here: To stay doomed and forced to use entire Adrenalin suite with constant Driver Timeouts, or, to ditch AMD and get Nvidia gpu's, since from the looks of it, AMD doesn't care at ALL to fix their mess.

TheDarkgg
Adept I

You cite as an example the worst game ported to the PC, Kingdom Hearts, full of graphical bugs when it doesn't crash...
On top of that, you blame AMD, citing a proprietary machine called "Asus Rog Ally..."...
The conclusion is not "it's the AMD GPU that's the problem!" but rather "is it the fault of the Asus Rog Ally machine and/or the AMD GPU?"!
Until proven otherwise, Sony and Microsoft must continually optimize their "OS", "API" with the various components of their console and in cooperation with the manufacturers of their components! But is this really the case with ASUS and its "portable console" (its mini-pc)?

0 Likes

I dont even know how to respond to this..

It is AMDs job to ensure their graphics card and drivers deliver optimal performance.

It was only with sheer persistence and the help of the admins and moderators I got them to acknowledge the problems with Kingdom Hearts.

My job is done, its down to them now to figure it out and then deliver a potential fix to AMD RX7000 GPUs specifically for this one.

And to call it the worst pc port is a stretch I've seen far worse.

There is no response to give, the issue has been reported by many people who all have in common one thing, the AMD RX7000 GPU.

And it's thanks to your work and perseverance that AMD even acknowledged the issue and we may hope for a fix. So thank you for your work.

Thanks for your kind words too.

I hope my efforts over the past 6 months were not in vain.

lazye
Journeyman III

Have you done disk cleanup?

Generally, crashes are caused by not creating proper shaders.

disk cleanup --->> Directx Shader Cache clean --->yes.

Restart pc.

0 Likes

I'll try that but I'm thinking this won't work sadly.

Will report back on it.

0 Likes

I routinely do disk cleanup whenever I let windows updates roll through. So I can tell you right now if you aren't limiting the boost clock and fps will you inevitably get a crash.

0 Likes

Sad to say it didn't make any difference.

I just crashed while saving in Rechain of Memories.

0 Likes