cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AfkariK
Journeyman III

AMD Grpahic Driver Installation Problem

Hi, i have a problem with installing my graphic cards for my  laptop Asus X550I AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G 3.00 GHz.
I have 2 graphic cards. R7 and RX460. I don't understand but a year ago when i installed my RX460 was read RX560 but there was no problem. Yesterday when playing the graphic frame rate was a bit stuttering so i decided to reinstall my graphic cards. Cleaned it with DDU first. The adrenaline software detected my graphics as RX560 and R7. When i tried the first time reinstalling at the end of rebooting it there was a message "windows may have automatically replaced your graphic cards" and my graphic cards at device manager was error. I already tried to stop windows update by updating drivers by using gpedit and device installation manager so it wont affect drivers and tried it again. I tried cleaning and reinstalling again and it works normally(before i reinstalled my graphics), but when i needed to restart it always revert and my graphics is error again. I also tried using the windows update to install the graphic cards but the result is still the same. What else can i do ? Thanks

1 Reply

If you are downloading your laptop's RX460/560 driver that is why you are having problems installing the driver.

You need to download your FX-9830P Driver which installs both your Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your laptop.

BUT the FX-9830P is not supported by AMD with driver updates anymore since June 2022 and only for Windows 10 and older version of Windows: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-fx-series-processors/amd-fx-series-processors-for-laptops/7th...

While your RX460/560 (same driver is used) is still supported with new AMD Drivers but the latest driver is not compatilbe with your Laptop's FX-9830P APU Processor.

So you are stuck at using the FX-9830P APU Driver for both. I read that there are some modified AMD drivers that might work on legacy or non-supported AMD APU processors.

Also in the past there was a method of installing both legacy and supported drivers on a laptop like yours with a legacy or non-supported APU and still supported Discrete GPU. But it was a little bit complicated and I don't have the links to those threads anymore.