cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dandan107
Journeyman III

AMD Firepro W5100 4GB driver not installing

I have seen similar posts describing issues concerning installation errors regarding AMD video cards. I have purchased a used AMD FirePro W5100 online and I got it today. I installed the hardware on PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 16 slot and ran the most recent driver from AMD website but an error 182 popped-out during the installation cycle. To make long story short, I read on forums there was a way around that bug by going to device manager, under display adapter right click on my video card ( in my case it is AMD FirePro W5100) and auto update driver, or install drivers manually. I also tried rolling back driver but in my case it was greyed out. Lastly, but not least, I installed an older version driver dating back 2019 and I got it worked but my card doesn't show on device manager. If anyone out there has experience and found how to fix this I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you 

I'm running W10, Ryzen 5 5600, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk. I should also point out I have a 2nd video card, Nvidia GeForce 630 1GB on my 2nd PCIe 3.0 x 16 slot.

dandan107_1-1674786357601.png

dandan107_2-1674786390099.png

dandan107_3-1674786688924.png

0 Likes
3 Replies

Which version of Windows do you have installed? The latest with all Windows Updates included?

The last AMD driver for your Professional GPU card is from 07/2021: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/firepro/firepro-wx100-series/firepro-w5100

See if the installs successfully by using the below method that I described.

If still unsuccessful than continue below.

Try removing the Nvidia GPU card and drivers and see if AMD driver will now install successfully.

If the AMD VGA driver does install successfully then install the Nvidia GPU card again with its drivers.

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting any AMD and Nvidia Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD or C:\Nvidia.

After rebooting, install the AMD driver and see if it installs successfully this time. Possibly the AMD driver is seeing the Nvidia GPU card or driver in conflict.

If the above still doesn't work then AMD Moderator for Professional GPU card will need to assist you @fsadough 

0 Likes
fsadough

0 Likes
dandan107
Journeyman III

I did not worked. I got help from an AMD customer service agent and she/he proposed that I should reset the cmos BIOS by removing the battery. I followed the instruction that was presented to me but I got no result. Below is the message:

<Thank you for the e-mail
Based on the inquiry
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused; I would suggest you reset the motherboard BIOS (clear CMOS). Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes and reinsert it.
Once after resetting the MB BIOS, please reseat the graphic card (unplug and plug the GPU on the different PCI slot if available).
Please take a backup of your system or create system restore point before proceeding with uninstallation of drivers.
Remove the GPU and reconnect.
Ensure you have installed all the Windows updates and using latest Windows build.
Then after try to clean installation and check the status.
Could you let me know can you access the system in safe mode to generate the requested details?
If you are using a windows OS, please provide a dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) reports which consists of all the system component details including the drivers installed. Also provide the make and model of your power supply if you are using a desktop system.
Thank you for contacting AMD.>

----------End of message

Despite all my efforts and time, I created a second problem. Install/uninstall drivers, switching my hardware from one slot to another, I caused an error message code 0xc000000f which blocked me from booting to my main drive. I read somewhere that this error can be caused by multiple factors. I tried pressing F8 to use USB recovery key or run Windows repair disk or command prompt neither worked - I would normally boot using my default setting UEFI windows priority boot manager samsung 250 GB but I switched it to my secondary drive. I could reinstall Windows on my main Samsung drive and my secondary drive but once I revert my priority boot back to UEFI boot manager I face the same error code. This is ridiculous, knowing this card would gave me headache I would've bought a GTX 1060 for half the price

I'm at a roadblock, I'm stuck and thinking to bring my rig to my local PC supplier to get it fixed. Is there a way to fix my UEFI priority boot manager?

Thank you

0 Likes