cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GeneralRD
Journeyman III

AMD drivers can cause conflicts with Nvidia drivers?

I have GeForce experience to update my NVIDIA drivers, everything is fine there, but I did notice that my laptop only came with GeForce experience when I bought it and not AMD adrenalin, that's mean that Windows is updating my AMD drivers automatically, I heard from someone that AMD drivers updates from adrenalin software is the best option, but when I investigated about this, I just found that the AMD drivers can cause conflicts with the Nvidia drivers, and I am just wondering is it true, do I have to install the AMD drivers from the adrenalin software or just let windows to keep installing updates. I'm interested in this because according to my information, the drivers update from AMD adrenalin provide much more performance than Windows, so, again, I don't know if I have to have the AMD adrenalin software and GeForce Experience or not. As well, I was recommended to select a factory reset if I'm going to install the AMD drivers, but the option wasn't available. I need guidance here, please. Hope that someone can help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JFM
Adept III

I believe that you have Nvidia GPU and AMD Cpu right? 

You don't need to download Adrenalin for CPU drivers, it is for GPU only. 

For CPU drivers you can simply write your model on AMD website and download drivers from there directly. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JFM
Adept III

I believe that you have Nvidia GPU and AMD Cpu right? 

You don't need to download Adrenalin for CPU drivers, it is for GPU only. 

For CPU drivers you can simply write your model on AMD website and download drivers from there directly.