cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rufetmezemov
Adept I

Amd driver uninstall itself

Hi,i bought amd radeon RX 6500 XT (XFX Model) when i playing game or surfing on in internet screen goes black,sound or another things working 1,2 minutes,when I restart the computer, the video card driver,amd software are deleted.I tried uninstall video card driver with DDU,installed again latest driver,it happened again,my friend also has this problem.Everytime i reported problem (amd suggested) but they were given no information, did nothing.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Sounds like Windows Update is installing/changing the graphics driver. If you look in Device Manager / Display you will probably see AMD has Microsoft driver.

To stop this you can prevent Microsoft from install any graphics driver:

This does not effect the security, quality,  patch, or any other type update...they are presented as normal.

In short...you don't have to worry about WU installing (changing) AMD graphics drivers.

This is done through group policy:

Type gpedit in the search bar...follow > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

kingfish_0-1656872982442.png

On the right side scroll to Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy and double click it. Select the ENABLED option.

kingfish_2-1656873109129.png

Click 'Apply' then OK.

Reboot your computer.

0 Likes

I did it,but it didn't work.After 5 minute it happened again.

0 Likes

Did you reboot after the change? Is Windows fully updated?

0 Likes