cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gingins
Journeyman III

AMD driver device not working properly

Hi, im using lenovo g40-45 AMD A8 with AMD Radeon R5 M330 Graphics with OS windows 8.1 64-bit,im just reinstall my laptop after i got BSOD and there says "thread stuck in device driver" ,i putted everything into my system and downloaded the correct drivers (I hope) and installed them.restarting my pc and attempting to open radeon settings, it shows this frustrating message "radeon settings are currently not available please try again after connecting amd graphics", I have reinstalled the drivers again but nothing changed, still stuck with this one.even on device manager the device status is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ".

Please help me im stuck with this one,thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Have you installed the drivers from Lenovo for your Laptop?

Don't download from AMD, only from Lenovo..

Go to the website and run auto detect for your drivers..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I just try installing drivers from lenovo website,but the drivers got errors in the middle of installation process, after that the screen goes blank and my laptop keep repeatedly restarting

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

If you download from AMD;

select the Drivers and Support

now select Processors with graphics

now select the AMD A-Series Processors

now select the AMD A8-Series APU for Laptops and you should see your graphics adapter in there.  You will need to identify your CPU model number other than A-8.

then select the AMD A-Series Processors

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

i have tried this too,but doesn't work for me,after installing the drivers my laptop restarting and then the screen stuck in the black screen

0 Likes
kapqa
Adept I

to my knowledge, Bristol Ridge APU is totally unsupported on Windows 8.1 , so you wont find any Chipset Drivers, hence it wont easily work without tinkering.

0 Likes

Does that mean i have to change my windows version or what?

0 Likes

dont know; have a Deskmini with A10-9700 and it runs Windows 7 64Bit;

with Windows 8.1 had no luck whatsoever, even with a prior A320 board; but maybe you got it running.

0 Likes

if you have a laptop, you should be setup via the official drivers from Lenovo or whomever; if you find Chipset drivers for Windows 8.1, you should be good to go.

0 Likes
Nolan01420
Adept I

Have been having problems with my xfx qick 210 Rx 6500xt. Thought it was the drivers. I went third party. I know, what in the holy sanctity of the pc god's. A couple days later, the video started cutting out again. I racked my brain. Earlier this evening, I thought maybe it's the psu. I go on corsairs? website and calculate the correct wattage. The website regurgitated out it numbers.

I had a 500 watt cooler master pos psu, non 80 anything. I read my recommended wattage was 500 to 600 watts. 

I borrowed what I could, went to best buy and got an open box evga 750bp 80 plus bronze. Hooked it up and wouldn't you know it, not problems, no crashing, no blue/black screens. 

CHECK YOUR POWER SUPPLIES EVERYONE WHO IS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE 6000 SERIES RX CARD!!!!!

0 Likes