cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

powplows
Journeyman III

AMD display driver has failed to load on your system

Hi, About a year ago I got a new AMD pc and since then it has been causing me problems. It started with random BSOD when playing games, mainly Minecraft. After trying to fix that with no luck I just gave it up. But I recently decided to try again.

I reinstall some of my games and for 3 days it ran fine but then the pc started crashing again, but this time in a different way. The screen would freeze but the audio and everything else would still be running. The only way to fix this would be to power off the pc, and when turned back on the screen would be off center. This could be fixed by reinstalling the AMD drivers, but when doing that a error message box came up stating that "the display driver has failed to load on your system" (image of it is below). BTW to update my drivers I used AMDs Auto-Detect and Install software 

The pop up i get when updating driversThe pop up i get when updating drivers

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it? Thank you very much in advance.

My pc's specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (5.93 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Board: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0

If any more information is need please let me now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Have you disabled Microsoft from automatically installing drivers?

Empty/delete the C:AMD folder of all AMD graphics drivers.

Assigned the high performance graphics to the game/application?

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Have you disabled Microsoft from automatically installing drivers?

Empty/delete the C:AMD folder of all AMD graphics drivers.

Assigned the high performance graphics to the game/application?

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_1.png

Thank you for the response!

I haven't disabled windows from making updates nor have I added any of my games to the high performance category but Ill do that now and see if it changes anything

0 Likes

Also delete the contents of the C:AMD folder.
0 Likes

will do

0 Likes

To assign the graphics card....computer 'display' option. scroll down to 'graphics''.

0 Likes

Unfortunately this has not solved my problem. 

Just to clarify I cleared the AMD folder of all content and added the Minecraft launcher to the the high performance category. but after that I opened up Minecraft and a chrome tab then the screen froze as usual and i got the same error when reinstalling my drivers

0 Likes

bro i have exactly the same proplem, tell me what to do pls

0 Likes

hi, sorry but i am having the exact same problem, did you get a solution? 

0 Likes

Nobody is going to create a account just to see your pictures...that's why it's spam.

If you have useful information/pictures post them here.

0 Likes

I had already posted the solution, I tried to put it back as clean as possible but my messages are all blocked, I don't know the reason for all this, maybe just envy from users / admin.

Hey, @catalystman could you send the solution elsewhere (like my email), so it doesn't get blocked? 

0 Likes

Hi guys @fixurdrivers  talk to the infamous administrators of this community who dont block my solutions so as to leave all the solutions for all the users on this planet, then I will repost the solution for all... if you want to contact me in the meantime I leave you my telegram @H1ghl4nd375 a hug to everyone.

0 Likes

I've been having this problem for months now. My screen crashes completely randomly when I'm playing a game. It's so frustrating to not even be able to use my computer for what I got it for. Have you found any solution or heard back from AMD themselves yet? I've emailed them plenty of times and always send the reports to them, but they have not once responded.

0 Likes

I'm now getting black screen of death and have to restart. The AMD display driver is failing. If you use the AMD launcher it seems to work better but the AMD Launcher does not remember my passwords which is inconvenient. I have a NVIDIA card which I'll swap and use instead while I check the card for problems.

0 Likes

Yeah Ive Had This For Months Well I have A Solution Albeit Not Pretty  

I did A factory Reset and that helped it but yeah

if you know another way tell me man

0 Likes

did u reset the amd software driver or the computer?

0 Likes

the pc Its

Windows/Reset this pc

other then that nothing helped

0 Likes

Have you fixed the issue yet?

0 Likes
katastrofeas
Journeyman III

have you found any solutions??? man i am desparate at this point in time. i am afraid to watch videos on youtube and other bcs my pc would blackscreen. i have tried alot differend things and nothing have work. our set up is almost identical with the difference of ram (ihave a 16gb) which i had changed resendly from 8gb but same cpu and motherboard

0 Likes
MinecraftJohn
Journeyman III

Same problem here. Same mother board and same game. Minecraft T_T - It's been a year now of bruh nothing works. No response from AMD emails and bug report.

0 Likes
Lev2
Journeyman III

Well i got some option to solve your problem, i got same problem my pc keep random freezing, its been a year since i bought this pc. what i do is try to downgrade bios to validated processor bios. for example my pc spec is Ryzen 5 3400g and Asrock B450 hdv r4 then i go to motherboard website and search processor support list then search for Ryzen 5 3400g processor and download validated bios and try to install it

Lev2_0-1647217020927.png

as u know validated bios is on the right one

Lev2_1-1647217089878.png

and i download bios P3.20 version and install it, it works for me after i install it no freeze again. Sorry bad english:)

0 Likes

Hey . where did you find this validated bios list ?

I've a 3200g and ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 with 8gb of ram and I'm having this same problem for over a year now.  

Please help me

0 Likes

Hello everyone, I had this problem as well but i manage to fix it by going here https://www.amd.com/en/support and selecting the information for my pc specs and re-downloading and installing the software. 

i wasn't seeing gpu usage in my task manager after doing this it resolved my problem  

0 Likes