cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ZovoGG
Journeyman III

AMD CRASH 7900xtx

I game a lot and stream a lot. My card keeps freezing up and all monitors stop in time. I don't know what it is! But even when i don't stream the card freezes, can anyone help? THIS WILL HAPPEN RANDOMLY FOR NO REASON(THAT I KNOW OF)!

PC BUILD

GPU: 7900xtx

CPU: 7950x

MOB: GIGABYTE B650 AORUS PRO AX

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB

PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM1000x GOLD

BIOS: F1

GPU DRIVER: 23.1.1

0 Likes
17 Replies
stan
Elite

Please reference this post, do you have FreeSync (Adaptive-Sync) Monitor?

Try to disable FreeSync (Adaptive-Sync)  from AMD driver and windows setting.

Let me know if it can fix your problem, thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/10aumlr/dpc_watchdog_violation_rx_7900_xtxxt_user_if_you/

[DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION] RX 7900 XTX/XT User if you encounter this BSOD, disable FreeSync.

0 Likes

would you count everything freezing as a BSOD? and I read that forum and did what it ask with MPO and other stuff! I'll reply back here if something happens. If it fixed I'll come back to say after a month!

0 Likes

As nradic said , check ram parameters ,  remove expo if needed ( xmp sux on Aorus ) and put good latences and voltage . I had crashes and lags and it is due to ram .

0 Likes

I will try this! The MPO didn't work

0 Likes
HighlYRadiateD
Journeyman III

Currently there is a recall for rx7900xtx,

The issue is with the vapour chamber on GPU has less water in it and heat is not dissipated properly.

So before going for recall, check if the GPU temperature is high when system is crashing. 

0 Likes

who do i talked to about this?

0 Likes
nradic
Adept II

Hey, I have a very similar PC and it sounds a lot like my problem I still have.

I made 3 forum posts about it:
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900-xtx-driver-timeout/m-p/570780#M166311
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rx-7900xtx-driver-timeout-with-xmp-enabled/m-p/578741#...
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900-xtx-intermitten-driver-timeouts-on-pcie-4-0-expo-...

So tl:dr I found out my driver was crashing when i enabled EXPO for my 32GB 6000MHz RAM.
disable EXPO and run RAM on 4800Ghz no crashes.
I even set the RAM to 5600MHz manually and it works, but you lose some performance which is really sad.

Nobody could tell me what the Problem is and I have been troubleshooting this issue for well over a month now ... 

Hope it helps. 

Looks like a cooling issue

0 Likes

new hardware , needs a bios update ... you can try to overvolt a little you ram to check if it improves stability (or wait for bios update if you re not sure about tweaking bios settings)

0 Likes
rx
Journeyman III

Interesting, is your ram Gskill 6000Mhz CL30?

I'm having same issues, very frustrating but I get driver timeouts - was this the same for you?

0 Likes
nradic
Adept II

Checked already, GPU nor CPU go anywhere above or close to the advertised limits.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

do you use 2 separate power cables from psu to gpu or just one dividing into 2 ?

moreover you should update your bios version , seems only to be the first one seens release of you motherboard , there have been multiple updates improving stability and memory compatibility

0 Likes

Using 2 cables.

Keeping an eye on every update from BIOS to GPU driver, still issue persits.

Yesterday reinstalled Windows, newest drivers and BIOS version, still same issue ...

0 Likes
Francobér
Adept III

I would uninstall everything with the DDU tool from Wargnardsoft in safe mode and then change to the latest driver version for the 7900 XTX. that would be version 23.1.2.
It is a beta driver, but it runs much more stable than the 23.1.1.
It should be worth a try I think.
You can get it at :

AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.1.2 (RX 7900) - VideoCardz.com

AMD Ryzen 5600X, Asrock X570 Steel Legend, 32GB G Skill Trident Z Royal Gold, AMD Rx 7900XTX, Gygabyte G34WQC
0 Likes

Done this a number of times, also reinstalled windows 10 and 11 multiple times. It never helped.

0 Likes
officialdjdmc
Adept II

I cannot say this will help you, but I had an Omen PC and the Omen gaming hub caused major issues with the adrenaline.  The omen gaming hub had an overclocking function within it.  After about 3 weeks I found that was the problem.  Might look and see if you have another Overclocking software installed and try uninstalling that.  Good luck.  I know having issues is not fun. 

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

If you spend  your money on best version of GPU, better use NVIDIA.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes